Texture issue linux

Hypnos_
Go to solution Solved by SunLight,

Hi,

I have a Zenbook Prime UX31A (Intel HD graphics 4000) with Ubuntu 12.10 64 bits and I would like to play ET on it. It works great except for the textures (see attached screenshot).

I don't know what is the problem : GPU drivers or 64 bits architecture or something else ?

The main menu look great though, it's bugged only since I connect to a server (whatever the resolution is).

Any idea?

Thank you in advance ;)

post-11241-0-71271500-1362225442_thumb.jpg

try renaming your user's.etwolf folder to a different one and start ET again to see if that helps. if you are launching ET from root, then rename root's .etwolf folder and see.

Thank you for your answers.

I don't run ET from root, and if I rename ~/.etwolf folder, I'm not able to run ET.

Also, I didn't mention that I use et-sdl-sound script in order to have the sound.

EDIT: I attach some screenshots of Goldrush, you can see what kind of issue I have

post-11241-0-05881900-1362247287_thumb.jpg

post-11241-0-82971900-1362247313_thumb.jpg

post-11241-0-54494600-1362247321_thumb.jpg

post-11241-0-32851400-1362247332_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hypnos_

• Clan Friend

Did you try using a standard config? Maybe you should tweak some r_ settings one at a time, and see. I don't think et-sdl-sound can be the source of your problems.

I think I saw a similar bug around in the past but I forgot where, so I can't help you much. I never had the same issue myself.

Thank you for your answer.

I tried /cvar_restart but it didn't fix the problem.

I'm gonna reinstall and see what happens if I don't put my files in etmain/.

EDIT: After the reinstall, the problem persists :/

Edited by Hypnos_

• Clan Friend
  • Solution

I play ET on 64 bit Linux too, and I use et-sdl-sound too, but I have no problems with corrupted textures.

It's either an ET config problem or your drivers.

What's your r_colorbits and r_texturebits value? 32?

try if setting r_ext_multitexture to 0 (it's 1 by default) helps

/seta r_ext_multitexture "0" unsafe

you can try r_ext_compressed_textures 0 too, you have to experiment, I have absolutely no idea about how to fix it :P

• Like 1

I play ET on 64 bit Linux too, and I use et-sdl-sound too, but I have no problems with corrupted textures.

It's either an ET config problem or your drivers.

What's your r_colorbits and r_texturebits value? 32?

try if setting r_ext_multitexture to 0 (it's 1 by default) helps

/seta r_ext_multitexture "0" unsafe

you can try r_ext_compressed_textures 0 too, you have to experiment, I have absolutely no idea about how to fix it :P

You're my hero, I set both to 0 and I vid_restarted and the textures looks perfect!

Thank you SunLight  :kiss

• Clan Friend

You're my hero, I set both to 0 and I vid_restarted and the textures looks perfect!

Thank you SunLight  :kiss

cool, I'm glad it helped :P

now try to set only one to 1, and see if the problem is caused by both or only 1 of them, this way you can keep at least 1 at its default value