F|A STOPWATCH SERVER - Enemy Territory Gaming

daredevil

As far as low skilled people....playing here, and getting your ass kicked is the best way to improve. You learn to stop doing dumb things like not checking behind you, rushing into rooms heedlessly etc etc.

I never got better until I started playing on a competitive server. If you have limited time and want easy frags, we have several other servers. But I think even getting my butt kicked, I have more fun on SW and HC.

My $.02

yeah , even when you get your butt kicked , it is much more fun when we play as a team :)

I made a little tutorial about spawntimes if you want to read it

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/334-spawntimes-and-objective-play-in-et/

it's not really necessary to know about them (at least in public servers), but it could help sometimes.

For example I played 1on1 vs Maluco in Adlernest, and it was round 2, I was attacking and he clearly outaimed me, and I had no hope of planting.

I realized the only chance I had was to play medic and forget about planting, and going through his spawn while he was in limbo with a long spawn. So I tried to attack him when his spawntimer was high, hoping that he didn't selfkill before respawning.

I failed, but without knowing his spawntimer I would have failed more :P

so now i understood , why parrot said two times when on allies and three times when on axis :)

seems you always need a bit of strategy . I always keep forgetting the "crossfire" thing and i end up gettin killed or tking him . But i will learn soon :)

• Like 1

looks like u dont know what med+/high means in et.

as if you do either death lol  :noob  :war:  :gay  :D

please remove purefrag we hade tonigth 12 players and someone voted purefrag so we played it for awhile tryed to change map but some fraggers kept voting no so couldnot change map after map was over couldnt vote for maps bug was there so we hade to play it again coz fraggers voted no when tryed to change map.....

no way, purefrag is awesome, oasis is still on there, goldrush is still on there, theres quite a few people who would rather see those maps disappear. point is, purefrag is a fun map, fun, something people like to have lots of. and map after map after map of heavy obj play, gets tiring, so its nice to throw in a little not so serious map, theres plenty out there, some cool ctf maps even, i like Fata Morgana, if stryder can remember the name of the map that they put on an old dead clans server that would be an epic map, guaranteed to make people happy, its very, gothic, draculas castle feel, but a 2 sided complex multilevel ctf arena, and its absolutely awesome, running across roofs, down into basements, stairs, blind corners, omg. by far one of the, if not THE best capture the flag map for ET there is. just sayin. but anyway. i say purefrag stays and we need to add more fun maps for BREAKS, idk maybe setup the map rotation to let those maps be available for voting on once every 4-5 maps or whatever seems reasonable to whoever decides the end result. IMO.

Edited by clarity

• Clan Friend

as if you do either death lol 

hehe

well, it's not always easy to tell...

When I used to be low+ and I only played etpro and I had a low ping, I judged skillfakers like this (ofc it's for fun, and talking about publics, where players don't try hard)

- if I felt guilty for not using pistol only, they were poke/-

- If I could kill them playing normally, they were low

- If I had to try my best and only on my best days I had a chance, they were med

- If I got rolled regardless, even after giving them 2hs, they were high or cheaters

now, playing with 200 ping vs 50 and being low- I guess I should change the system, probably I should replace poke with afk, low with poke high with med, etc. :P

p.s.

oasis is there and very rarely gets voted, I never saw fueldump voted, but we once played railgun :)

now, playing with 200 ping vs 50 and being low- I guess I should change the system, probably I should replace poke with afk, low with poke high with med, etc. :P

p.s.

oasis is there and very rarely gets voted, I never saw fueldump voted, but we once played railgun :)

i am the afk :P 

i would love to play oasis , but only if there were 6 on 6 , or else, it would be really hard if the axis spawn raped the allies . 

fuel dump is a large map suited for may be 10 on 10 [  once again thanx for fixing the key bind ;)

I love railgun  . But my fav is sp. deliv . you need good team work in both teams to win 

and map after map after map of heavy obj play, gets tiring, so its nice to throw in a little not so serious map, theres plenty out there, some cool ctf maps even, i like Fata Morgana,

if  you get tired of obj go play other server for a while its like we got 1 obj based server and 10 not so obj orientated server. but i do agree on ctf maps could me fun when low ammount players but purefrag is what name says and its not obj based map so. I also agree on removing oasis and fueldump since they are long , but i dont see reason why goldrush should be remowed since its sw version

if  you get tired of obj go play other server for a while its like we got 1 obj based server and 10 not so obj orientated server. but i do agree on ctf maps could me fun when low ammount players but purefrag is what name says and its not obj based map so. I also agree on removing oasis and fueldump since they are long , but i dont see reason why goldrush should be remowed since its sw version

ok so basically the votes of many fall under the opinions of few? im fairly certain even you said that it was voted. that kinda sums it up. and goldrush, sw version or not, long ass map. thats why. ive been playing on fa servers since about 2008-2009 or somewhere in there, so i think im fairly safe to say ive kinda earned the right to play on whichever server i choose  :welcome

Edited by clarity

• Clan Friend

I don't know what's the 'standard' i.e. considered to be 'fairly good' time for completing goldrush (let's say it's over in 7-8 mins?), but it doesn't seem that long to me. Only it's a bit easy to fullhold sometimes, since attacking in gr needs a bit of teamplay.

As regards votes, I guess even if you put options like 'disable antilag' or 'disable stopwatch', 'no friendly fire' somebody would vote those, so I think the map pool should be chosen carefully, you can't let players decide every single thing by votes, the 'theme' of the server is sw, so imho only the so-called 'competition maps' should go there.

I agree that playing for obj you get tired earlier because you need to focus more, but then you can switch server, otherwise let's just say this server is a fail, they close it and byebye

Yesterday I played there a bit and there was a mass ragequit (not because of me ofc) I went spec, and I watched the last 2 players fighting, the bad one ragequitted and the other left too. Then I left. If you make it a clone of hc then I wouldn't even join... (I know, I'm usually dumb and I don't choose only based on logic, so I would still play :P)

Edited by SunLight

if stryder can remember the name of the map that they put on an old dead clans server that would be an epic map, guaranteed to make people happy, its very, gothic, draculas castle feel, but a 2 sided complex multilevel ctf arena, and its absolutely awesome, running across roofs, down into basements, stairs, blind corners, omg. by far one of the, if not THE best capture the flag map for ET there is. just sayin.

I think I found what you were looking for:

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/Castle_CTF;89511

After carefully reading through this thread MULTIPLE times, it is obvious that purefrag has enormous support and a few wannabe dictators hate democracy.

made me wanarolf :D  so epic :D

About purefrag..I dont like it but I would say leave it...sometime it is good to have a map that will make me quit a server :D

I think I found what you were looking for:

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/Castle_CTF;89511

played that before on bba's server before they banned me approximately 12 times, no this was on LZ's jaymod server a few years ago :/ i doubt stryder would remember at this point. hes kinda old lol :-P

Edited by clarity

• Clan Friend

After carefully reading through this thread MULTIPLE times, it is obvious that purefrag has enormous support and a few wannabe dictators hate democracy.

(I'm not sure whether it was just trolling/joke or not, so maybe I'm getting trolled right now, by answering and taking this seriously :P)

But, appealing to majority as if it was a kind of authority ('enormous support'), using words universally and subconsciusly labeled as negative (or positive) by the masses ('dictators' 'democracy'), using strong words when it's not necessary ('hate') are all uberknown fallacies or ways to mislead who reads.

That being said, I like Purefrag, in fact I used to be a regular in the (now dead) element server (for which that map was made), but it's not an objective map.

You could also say that playing purefrag, or playing objectives maps with 20 players or players who go around sightseeing is the same, and maybe there I agree :)

It's there, if it gets voted then ok