F|A STOPWATCH SERVER - Enemy Territory Gaming

daredevil

Why should I join and spoil the fun for them with my slower speed of reaction and thinking? It doesn't make any sense to me, so I just sat in speck. But I do join when I see that I can *fit* with my skill and my speed. Anyway...

It's a public server , skill doesn't matter :)

I dont think skill whiners would play on a public FA server + I don't think ppl that join an FA server expect ppl in it to be much skilled.

Imo the only frustrating thing is when I see someone playing for himself , not trying to help his teamates and just tries to kill opponents.

DM13 was a good exemple , it was 3v3 on supply , all he did the whole map was throwing cans on enemy base which was preventing us to enter it.

He only sat outside base and didn't give us any hekp.

It's a public server , skill doesn't matter :)

It matters when a player suddenly understands that he is in a wrong place. I did not join then (with strong players) because I am not blind and I can see that  with my skill and speed I don't fit. Do I need to join to prove it to myself ? No, not really  

DM13 was a good exemple , it was 3v3 on supply , all he did the whole map was throwing cans on enemy base which was preventing us to enter it.

He only sat outside base and didn't give us any hekp.

Ha ha lool .. At least he is joining the server, can we have a use of him then?...Maybe we can engage him in a *new thing* that the server offers? :) He is a potential regular..so how should we treat him then (this is what I mean *the attitude towards player*)? Just inviting to think about  things here...

fsdf

It matters when a player suddenly understands that he is in a wrong place. I did not join then (with strong players) because I am not blind and I can see that  with my skill and speed I don't fit. Do I need to join to prove it to myself ? No, not really  

If you dont practise you will never get better. The best way of practising is playing against good players.

• Like 1

fsdf

If you dont practise you will never get better. The best way of practising is playing against good players.

Very easy to say so but it doesn't always work like that :) It will work if my goal is *to be better*. But if I have 40 mins to play after work and I want to have 40 mins of fun? What should I do then?... I go HC ..easy peasy and no need to read b.itching in team chat about how noob I am :D (again the attitude of players :) )

Bonamanamanama tu tu du du :yeye  

Just join a team like I do, I suck too, but I still manage to have fun. I'll do my best for the team and if it's not enough for them so be it. i do not care what others say or think about my skills. 

I really like the server, I personally like to play against those good players, I learn a lot from them and most of the good players are actually really nice and not too serious.

You can always join me in a team Bonamana and we can noob together :P

Is it maybe possible that someone makes some kind of guide, sometimes I see players saying "07" and some other stuff and I have no idea what they mean with that :)

• Like 3

• Clan Friend

Very easy to say so but it doesn't always work like that It will work if my goal is *to be better*. But if I have 40 mins to play after work and I want to have 40 mins of fun? What should I do then?... I go HC ..easy peasy and no need to read b.itching in team chat about how noob I am  (again the attitude of players )

Playing for 'fun' is when you don't try to reach your maximum potential, and you don't try hard. You don't hold back or lose on purpose, but you don't try hard either.

I think the term 'playing casually' would be more appropriate, and you can play casually for the objective too, so why not?

I haven't seen much complaining about team mates there, at least when I was on

(btw, you can have fun even if you try hard, at least according to some)

(from David Sirlin's 'Playing to Win' book)

There are also those who play games for something known as “fun.” That subject will not be covered here. I believe there is a great deal more of this “fun” to be had while playing to win than while only playing casually, but there is no use in entering that debate now. This “fun” is a subjective thing, hard to pin down, but winning is not.

Like you, I also like to play more relaxed, but for me that's exactly the point of that server!

To give all the 'nubs' like me, who can't or don't want to play scrims (too demanding) a chance to play for the objectives and try to ape the same tactics and gameplay they see on ettv, of course with different results.

Now don't tell me you can really play for the obj. in other servers, with 400 players spamming and no stopwatch, and raters, etc.

Fun, as in 'playing more relaxed, casually' Not as in effing around, or playing with toys like panza or flamer. For me that is ok for some occasional panzer war, when you feel more like f-ing around

But not on a regualr basis, because I still don't understand how disabling some weapon could make the game less 'fun' and make people disconnect, unless they are 10 years old.

It's a public server , skill doesn't matter

+1

For me the most important thing is trying to help your team, it's the attitude, not the skill. It's knowing that the goal is your team's victory and not how many times you kill or die.

DM13 was a good exemple , it was 3v3 on supply , all he did the whole map was throwing cans on enemy base which was preventing us to enter it. He only sat outside base and didn't give us any hekp.

That's the problem with team games, the fact that you might be the cause for your team loss. In fact in other servers there is no, and I repeat *no* teamplay (aside from some players who are good only to spam 'move' 'we need an engineer', etc. etc. who usually are less than pokemon skilled, and have no idea about how to play themselves)

At this point, ET is no more a team game, team mates are just guys you don't aim at, what's the point for classes, etc. if people play for frags? Then they can play all medics like in some etpro servers, unless they are those aforementioned 10-yrs-olds who like to play with different toys (mod makers tend to make them happy, by adding zillions of useless weapons)

In a fun server (and that is a 'fun' server for me), nobody blames team mates for a loss. Personally I would never yell at a player for failing, since I fail myself.

The problem is not that they make you lose on purpose, they just have no idea about how to play, because they never actually played the game, but just a mockery, or a different game anyway.

How on earth are they supposed to know, for example, that they have to time their attacks according to enemy spawntimes, etc. if nobody told them? (Well, nobody told me either, but I was interested in knowing).

Of course some pro player could come and tell that I'm nub, that I know some basic stuff but I can't play for s.... In fact it's true! You have different levels, that's one more reason to be tolerant.

p.s.

Etpro server was empty because nobody camped the server (which is necessary for a new one) and for other reasons too. The game is also very old, and some etpro servers which used to be full even in the night now are empty.

Also, players who play only etpro usually don't want to lose because of someone else, and they think that playing for obj. in public servers is stupid. In fact they play in those Delivery 24/7 servers just for frags, then they have (or maybe not even) a scrim team, and they play obj., only in private servers.

p.p.s.

if you actually read all the text you are a nerd :P

• Like 4

• Clan Friend

Is it maybe possible that someone makes some kind of guide, sometimes I see players saying "07" and some other stuff and I have no idea what they mean with that :)

I could do it, but I'm a bit nub, so you pros don't criticize :P

07 means that enemies spawn at 07 (usually 07 37 for axis, 07 27 47 allies)

so when the seconds in the clock read 07, you know that enemy spawned.

Since playing for objectives is based on timing, attackers attack in spawn 'waves' and defenders have a respawn cycle too, all your decisions (but you can improvise) are based on your spawntimer and enemy spawntimer.

There is already a tutorial on scrimming,

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/93-wet-basic-scrim-guide/

there could be something useful

• Like 3

as i play etpro it can be frustrating playing with players who don't know the concept of the stopwatch server, but then i remind myself "hey, they don't know that so tell em, or be nice and keep playing"

you can always watch "live" matches via http://www.gamestv.org/ to see how people play together in 3o3/6o6 scenarios if you feel inclined on learning how you're "supposed" to play stopwatch.

@bonamana i say you join up if you feel like it :] i always try to wait til it's even so it's not 4v3 or whatever, but who cares, join up! :P

• Like 1

idk it just hits weird, im dead on the headbox and no hs, move a little infront or behind and it hits, same ping as hc and silent, but feels doubled somehow.. idk i know that i hit different on each server irrelevant side note, idk what it is.

Very easy to say so but it doesn't always work like that :) It will work if my goal is *to be better*. But if I have 40 mins to play after work and I want to have 40 mins of fun? What should I do then?... I go HC ..easy peasy and no need to read b.itching in team chat about how noob I am :D (again the attitude of players :) )

Don't worry too much about it. I am probably one of the worst ET player you have ever seen and nobody complained about me yet.

I understand what you mean though. Just give it a try, it's something different and I like to play there even though I die too easy and hardly can kill anyone. I enjoy the team play and that I can finally have a realistic chance to go for objective.

But for me the difference is 100 to 1 of course, coming from a Jaymod server with adrenaline and double jump.. :blush:

• Like 3

no for me its more of a net lag my fps was fine when i played, idk its a feel thing and it feels bad. so i'm just gonna stick with HC not sure what makes it feel right, but it does.

I am probably one of the worst ET player you have ever seen and nobody complained about me yet.

I actually had someone tell me I sucked at the game, lol. I said " and? "

I don't play to improve my game, I am very comfortable at the level I play at. The " I suc at this " level.

I do feel uncomfortable trying to play with most of you. Guess you would have to retired and be my age to understand.

P.S. and the zillions of useless weapons would make the game more fun!

• Like 1

no for me its more of a net lag my fps was fine when i played, idk its a feel thing and it feels bad. so i'm just gonna stick with HC not sure what makes it feel right, but it does.

I had smng similar on SW (and I did not have same thing on HC) and I gave extra 256 of my ram to the game. It worked but tbh SW was lagging for everyone yesterday (for some very badly) so maybe temporary thing