F|A STOPWATCH SERVER - Enemy Territory Gaming

daredevil

• Clan Friend

Some new maps?

ctf/1on1 maps (for when there are few players)

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/896-ctf-well/

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/454-silly-ctf-mp-sillyctfpk3/

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/74-tournament-edition-valhalla-electronic-sports-world-cup-te-valhalla-eswcpk3/

(or better the original valhalla, this file has a different md5)

this is the original: http://et.trackbase.net/map/271/

I couldn't find the original one in downloads section, I could add it

Other maps:

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/598-erdenberg-beta-3-erdenberg-b3zip/

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/109-c2-missile-b3-missile-b3pk3/

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/55-karsiah-te-2-karsiah-te2pk3/

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/38-et-ice-et-icepk3/

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/474-pirates-final/

(I am not sure if it's already there)

sw version of original maps:

this instead of battery

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/15-stop-watch-battery-sw-batterypk3/

this instead of oasis:

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/2-stop-watch-siwa-oasis-beta-3-sw-oasis-b3pk3/

maybe, for fun :D

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/423-rifle-tennis-tournament-rifletennis-tepk3/

Some other map that could be played for sw objective (library? reactor? caen?)

there is a map for only one player to play against himself?I need that one :D  not even Vic wants to play with me :/ maybe wrong time...

• Clan Friend

there is a map for only one player to play against himself?I need that one :D  not even Vic wants to play with me :/ maybe wrong time...

there is a map called target practice :P

or trickjump maps, but without tj config you need to wait a lot before respawn, and most gammajumps are impossible without adren...

I agree. Hopefully there is a way to balance teams such as KD.

I don't know if there's a way to do it with silent, but the old ETPro pubs used to do a shuffle at the end of every map (not every round, but map), based on the XP (so if team A had a lot more XP than team B, a bunch of their players would get shuffled over to the other team). It would be done in the intermission right before the map changed (and this meant it was done before the XP was cleared, too). 

It's not exactly perfect, since you could get XP from reviving instead of killing, but it seemed fairly effective back then.

Edited by Brisk

From my understanding, this is supposed to be a PUB stopwatch server and not an etpro server.

We already tried to have an etpro server and it failed. No one was playing on it and it wasn't attracting to players.

I know you are trying to get it better Sunlight but let's first clarify that one before trying to make a Silent server an etpro server. The way you describe all the problems, that server will look like a match server which from my understanding isn't the goal. If you prefer to view it another way, it will look like a "box" server. There are plenty of those laying around empty (on etpro though) so let's try to not repeat the same mistakes.

Our previous etpro server wasn't empty at the beginning. FA members joined and we got a bit more players joining regularly until the players less experimented stopped coming on the server. Let's face it, there aren't enough pro wannabe players to join the server at all time. If you keep the less experimented players away with the settings, you will create an Silent etpro wannabe #2 server. 

Take hardcore as an example. Take out the less experimented players for 2 weeks. All the more experimented players will go somewhere else. They will find another server with more noob players that they can kill. It took over a year to have a base population on hardcore and it started with less experimented players. So if we reject them right away with a more strict configuration like that, my fear is that we will never have a base to start with. If we don't have a base, the more skilled players that wants those settings only will never connect.

There is 11 pages of people saying that they are happy about the server. One could say that I'm wrong and that the server will be popular based on those 11 pages. However, I haven't seen the server with population on it for more than 6 hours. http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/108.61.18.108:27970/ 

Just look at the most played servers on ET. They aren't filled with skilled players like ET BOX East used to be. They are filled with less skilled players that are there to have fun with normal/fun settings. Very few of more comp like servers are near the top since they don't have a base.

IMO, we should copy exactly the same settings than Hardcore except for the game type that should be stopwatch. We know it works for everyone since both experienced and non experienced players enjoy playing on that server. Then use the redirect of both Hardcore and Silent when the server is full to point to Stopwatch. On Silent at this moment, a lot of the time we will end up having the server filled by players that wants to play on Hardcore. Both servers get filled and by throwing the players on the Stopwatch server, they might start enjoying the stopwatch gametype. See that it's the same settings as Hardcore and then at some point, they might realize that this server isn't always full and they can connect when they want. Once we have that base of players going (maybe in 6 months or a year), then we can revisit the settings.

This is just a suggestion and what I think from my point of view.

• Like 1

i think the idea is to do something diferent from HC and others servers

etpro failed probably because of tzac
not because of the settings(public etpro) you can join some etpro servers with no tzac..populated.
i think people enjoy HC because there is less noobs not more...to kill
to be honest,this game is old...some new things are very welcome.
will probally take some time to see the server full all the time but not because of diferent settings but just because it is new.
i can only say thx to DareDevil and Sunlight for all the work trying to make something DIFERENT 
edit:today was fun! :)
Edited by +Maluco.

Let's face it, there aren't enough pro wannabe players to join the server at all time. If you keep the less experimented players away with the settings, you will create an Silent etpro wannabe #2 server. 

Finally someone managed to word it properly +1 and support of this point.

i think the idea is to do something diferent from HC and others servers

It is already different

Finally someone managed to word it properly +1 and support of this point.

It is already different

that's what im saying..that's the idea.no?i think it is..not sure.i nkow it is already diferent lol by the end of the post i said thx for that diference :/

this is like the old etpub thing....today,people dont even talk about etpub anymore.

imagine if i start to say things like...oh jaymod with adrenaline,gas.double jump etc etc it seems to me that sw server is there to test how players react to the new  things

i dont play jaymod.......

Mal all I was trying to say (in all posts i made before) is *plz do not push it too far in making it different*. And I gave +1 to Aigle because he managed to say it using better words. The fact that it is SW -  already makes it different from HC. Even if you give all panzas and mines it still be different. Person needs a different mindset to play SW. Settings are just tweaking of the server, but with them it is possible to control the level of *the friendliness* of the server to the less experimented players. We have high kd players on HC and they dont go to play SW, why?..cos not everyone is able to keep up with the idea/game style of SW in the first place.

I play HC not because there are less noobs, but because there is ff on and it is similar to what I was playing 7 years ago. I prefer SW to HC because of the idea behind it-team play, more thinking, faster reaction and etc.-it is what I like but...not everyone is looking for the same things. Anyway..it was told enough already..the last time I saw server it was great fun (except that purefrag map :( cos I like objective making not fragging ).

Qhen i first talked to dare of this project , the point was to make an objective server.

We dont try make it look like etpro.

We try to make it the most fair and enjoable in a objective environnement which IS the point of etpro.

People that join SW expect to play pbj . Got alot of my friends that left because of actual "pub" settinga OR lest skilled player that come here and just camp with panzerfaust.

There is already a billion jaymod servers and most ppl that play on HC play there because there is more skilled players there and its the nearest etpro xperiance.

I always sent dd clanbase settings because thats the best objective oriented settinga you can get.

Those "noobs" you are talking about are only coming to the server by mistake or to only check it.

When the server is perfectly seted up I swear There will be alot of objective players on it.

We are trying to set objective oriented settings its not related on skill at all.

For sure most ppl won't like the server but the server wasnt made for them too.

PS : i can name you at least 5 shit etpro server tht are active and most of players come there because its the only thing they have.

Just my opinion

( and from what I see the opinion of all regulars that want to make the server work)

• Like 3

To make it clear. I consider myself as a  * less experimented players* and when I talk about making it a bit * friendly*  I basically mean that I would like to see ppl like me (my skill) playing on the server too. Ideally it would be a mix of very strong players (like maluco) and *half noobs* like me :) I will be honest, if server becomes a *serious about it* (in terms of only strong players joining and all seriously playing and etc) I will just not play, most likely will sit in specks and prob will quit even checking the server with time. (I know I know my problems , my choices)  I asked before, just try not to make it for one category of players (only very good for example). I was just asking for this but it doesn't mean you can't make it...if you want it to be attractive for strong players, let it be-who knows maybe server will be full all the time in future..I don't know.... Anyway...

The point isnt to make it for strong players , its to make it to objective playing lovers .

Theres a reason why goldrush is never one by allies on Silent #1 .

Its way too easy to defend.

If you want to make an objective server , you must use restrictions to make it fair for both team.

Extra ammo makes it too easy for axis to defend , since they can just camp and dont need to watch ammo.

Too fast Speed makes it too easy for allies to attack.

Too many panzerfaust makes braudorf impossible for allies at controls.

Too many covie makes special delivery impossible for axis at sniper etc

I never saw anyone here trying to make less skilled players go away. All we tried is to make the game the most fair possible so ppl DO play objective and not just go and frag .

Honestly is the dude camping at MG in adlernest really welcome on the server? All he dors is try to kill and hes a - for his team which basicly ruin the game for all his team.

Should be

play objective or gtfo

If you want to make an objective server , you must use restrictions to make it fair (?) for both team.

As I said SW (or objective driven server) will attract ppl with the specific mindset.  It is a different thinking that attracts ppl. Not the objective making as a fact, but the whole tactic thing, thinking of *how* to make objective-the process, but not result (objective) in itself. Objective is only a reward for correct/smart thinking . It is *WE win*, but not *I win* like on HC. Settings to limit mines, panzas, mg for 2vs2 3vs3 and etc are to make game more active, faster in speed, more adrenalin giving and etc. More enjoyable in other words. At first I was against *drastic* weapon limitations on SW (because I saw more work for my brain in resolving *how to make objective*) but after I saw strong players (Quo I think it was you :D) playing rifla in 2vs2 I just made my mind and I say BIG YES - please limit weapons. I can see now that weapon limitation is needed not only to prevent from *noob campers* but also from strong players *abusing skills* :D (note I dont say *to make teams fair!!*) So yes plz limit weapons and maybe even make  different *load settings* for 3vs3, 5vs5 and etc.It is indeed more fun (less irritation too) when weapons are limited.

What makes less skilled go away?...Simple thing..the skill in itself and the attitude of more skilled. I was on SW one time and I did not bother to join because I saw the very pro gamers playing (prob skill med ++ high). Why should I join and spoil the fun for them with my slower speed of reaction and thinking? It doesn't make any sense to me, so I just sat in speck. But I do join when I see that I can *fit* with my skill and my speed. Anyway...