• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

"Show me your hands" is not an American saying...

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

The Smoke

The Smoke

I will kill anyone who walks on my lawn

• COD Trial
  • 2,659 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:11
  • Server:COD4 #3
  • T-M:12-9

Donator

Contributor
Many of us here in America are conscious of some of the sayings we started but this one is from long ago.

It actually started in the Arabic world many years ago. The Arab people were nomadic and did not have access to bathrooms like we have today.
So in order to clean themselves after they pooped they had to use their left hand. And then wash it later. They never ate with that hand nor did
they offer it to another person. So when something happened, like a theft or whatever, the leaders of the tribes would get everyone together, and
say "Show me your hands". Anyone with their right hand missing, was deemed an outcast and the probable thief. In those days, when someone was
caught stealing, they had their right hand severed from their arm. This way it was a clear sign of their misdeed. If they were caught a second time,
they lost their head. They were deemed unclean because they had to eat and wipe with their right hand.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

HE#L!)

HE#L!)

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 205 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:0
  • Server:Jay3
  • Alias:*H#LL !)
LOL thats right ... this kind of punishment and sure we didn't eat with left hand :P

Chameleon

Chameleon

Chameleon

• Co-Leader
  • 6,262 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:19
  • Server:COD4 #3
  • Alias:=F|A=Chameleon
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:58393770
  • T-M:11-6 COD4

Donator

That was both informative and strange at the same time, but makes complete sense hehehe.

SkuLLc0LLector

SkuLLc0LLector

L11: Assassin

• Regular User
  • 6,683 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Server:None
  • Alias:Skully
you just gave me a great idea ! bTHANK YOU

Dddrgn

Dddrgn

L7: Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,220 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Server:None
Contributor
makes enough sense, kind of messed up. Really though, that just gives more of a reason to not steal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users