Enemy Territory - Mac

(Snake)

Playonmac is like wine on Linux, right? I guess etpro doesn't work on wine because among other things it had a built-in anticheat and maybe other protections that probably call some OS functions or rely on things that aren't emulated properly by wine.

If you really want to play etpro, maybe you could try running the Linux version of ET from a Linux live cd, provided that said livecd supports your graphics card

oh its so bad . i just downloaded vmware. it installs a windows on my mac as partition. gonna try this out next days. 

really bad its the only mod not working and the one i rly like to play :D thx anyway!

nope i've installed it new on mac. i don't have pc since 10years. 

it's a virtual drive im using

you should ask someone to give their etprofolder for a test.

I think its gonna solve your problem.

• Clan Friend

you should ask someone to give their etprofolder for a test.

I think its gonna solve your problem.

etpro doesn't work on wine. it's not a problem of having the correct files. Maybe somebody with an incredible amount of patience and time (plus also a decent knowledge of assembly) could follow it with a debugger to see why and where it crashes on wine and not with the real windows, but even if you figure out, you can't necessarily fix it.

The funny thing about this etpro anticheat and protection, is that it's totally obsolete when it comes to prevent cheating, while at the same time it creates other problems (not compatible with etlegacy, not compatible with wine...)

oh its so bad . i just downloaded vmware. it installs a windows on my mac as partition. gonna try this out next days. 

really bad its the only mod not working and the one i rly like to play :D thx anyway!

vmware? I wonder how many fps you will get in a virtual machine... isn't it easier to boot Linux from a cd or usb?

etpro doesn't work on wine. it's not a problem of having the correct files. Maybe somebody with an incredible amount of patience and time (plus also a decent knowledge of assembly) could follow it with a debugger to see why and where it crashes on wine and not with the real windows, but even if you figure out, you can't necessarily fix it.

The funny thing about this etpro anticheat and protection, is that it's totally obsolete when it comes to prevent cheating, while at the same time it creates other problems (not compatible with etlegacy, not compatible with wine...)

vmware? I wonder how many fps you will get in a virtual machine... isn't it easier to boot Linux from a cd or usb?

I tested it with virtualbox and fps was same as ET for mac.

• Like 1

I tested it with virtualbox and fps was same as ET for mac.

and with virtualbox u can play etpro?? afaik ive tried it some weeks ago and had rly bad fps. update me pls =)

what window did you install on virtual box or linux or what?! :)

so i installed virtual box and win7 and et. and i can open it,  but i can't catch my mouse in first screen plus its very small. 

im not sure if i can open etpro since i can't control mouse in first screen. help pls. it feels like im on a good way :D

post-19741-0-21209100-1473965644_thumb.png

have et running on 10.4.11, later versions are much trickier. im sure you are finding that out now lol. good luck.

yeah im trying now since weeks, virtual box was 30fps, vmware i have stable fps but mouse is lagging, just came to the decision to install old version on usb drive. 

and with virtualbox u can play etpro?? afaik ive tried it some weeks ago and had rly bad fps. update me pls =)

what window did you install on virtual box or linux or what?! :)

So you need to install extension pack also to use peripherals.

I used Win 7 as virtual machine and got 125 fps.

yeah im trying now since weeks, virtual box was 30fps, vmware i have stable fps but mouse is lagging, just came to the decision to install old version on usb drive.

Mouse lag is an oldest bug on Osx you can search it on google, they never fixed it as well https://www.google.com.br/?gws_rd=ssl#q=+mac+os+x+mouse+lag...I used mouse fix but still not good as windows.

Maybe now they have a solution but i gave up playing on my mac lol :)

So I assume that Mac is not good to play games. CS run ok but not good as windows.

Edit:Did u tried to install ET for mac anytime?no virtualizations I mean.

So you need to install extension pack also to use peripherals.

I used Win 7 as virtual machine and got 125 fps.

Mouse lag is an oldest bug on Osx you can search it on google, they never fixed it as well https://www.google.com.br/?gws_rd=ssl#q=+mac+os+x+mouse+lag...I used mouse fix but still not good as windows.

Maybe now they have a solution but i gave up playing on my mac lol :)

So I assume that Mac is not good to play games. CS run ok but not good as windows.

Edit:Did u tried to install ET for mac anytime?no virtualizations I mean.

ill stop it. my last chance is since et was woking with older mac os. i install lion on usb drive and install et there (the mac version 2.60d) and mount from there. gonna see if it works. if not i play silent and nq :)

it lardy takes me weeks to get this fixed. im surprised how patient i am :P 

thanks anyway.

ah btw the mac version doesn't work anymore since they updated os, crashes haha :)

• Clan Friend

There's linux live cds with free games, and probably some of them also include ET, and all the drivers for the graphics card, why don't you try one of those? (even if you don't have ET, you can install it on the HD in some folder, the most important thing is having a liveCD with native graphics card drivers)

There's linux live cds with free games, and probably some of them also include ET, and all the drivers for the graphics card, why don't you try one of those? (even if you don't have ET, you can install it on the HD in some folder, the most important thing is having a liveCD with native graphics card drivers)

i have no clue about linux and how it works. so i need a folder and i start linux then from cd? my mac has no cd  input :P:P i just usb is possible too.

is this the way2go? http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/how-install-linux-on-mac-3637265/

so i wanted to try another version. bought os x lion. my plan was to install it on external hd and install et 2.60d there, cause afaik et is working on older os systems.

so i bought it and now its in my App Store and cannot be downloaded cause it says its not compatible with my mac??!!  :D