Bracing for storm :(

Chameleon

Local news saying tornados and to get to lower levels of homes and seek shelter.. I am not a fan of these big storms and weird to get one this time of the year :wacko:

storm_zps71ca64a5.jpg

Well, I made it through the worst part of the storm.. Had some power outage for a while and it got totally insane outside, but happy to report I am in one piece Hehehe :D

• Like 1

Glad to hear it. Do you have a safe room or cellar to get into?

I went thru two tornadoes when I was a kid in Arkansas. Went thru a hurricane in Silsbee, Texas in the 5th grade.

That's why I like Oregon. My aunt lives in Benton, Ark and I fear for her at times.

No cellar or safe rooms, just kinda stayed away from the windows and hoped for the best. We didn't really have tornadoes here until the mid 90's when my area leveled so many mountains it was insane. It was at the time the second (I think) largest land movement in the world, putting in new roads and such. In 96 I was caught in a tornado on one of those very roads on my way home from work, in my truck. The truck was a loss, but I walked away from it so in the long run I won Haha. Thanks everyone for asking and your concern! :D

Hey Chron, I saw this on a TV show. A guy in Oklahoma didn't have money enough to put in a cellar or safe room so he bought two old used iron bathtubs.

He welded two hinges onto one side of them and made a clam shell out of it. He welded a latch to the inside and now when it looks like a tornado is coming,

he climbs inside and shuts the lid. What an idea.

• Like 1

Wow that is amazing Haha.. That actually seems like it would be pretty safe, well at least better than nothing lol... Now I have something to think in lol

A huge snow storm hit here on Monday, Schools closed, my exams were postponed and then the next day it was +10 with rain and everything melted. But USA sucks for torando hits so often..

damn , im glad that we dont have that in the Netherlands

fine that everything is okey at your place

Yeah I made it out okay, there was quite a bit of flooding and a few houses close by were blown down, but no one was seriously hurt :D

Thanks for asking :D

A huge snow storm hit here on Monday, Schools closed, my exams were postponed and then the next day it was +10 with rain and everything melted. But USA sucks for torando hits so often..

We also got a huge snow storm right after the other storm passed Haha, it has been crazy here..