COD error -- Server is different version 1.6

GraveDigger

I downloaded COD 4: Modern Warfare about 8 months ago via steam and only played it for about 1 month or so. I have been traveling because of my job much of the last 10 months and the net has been crappy most places I have been. Because of this I havent played the game in a long time. Now I have great net service and I want to play again and become a regular player on our F|A Hardcore server but when I try to start the game I get the following error : Server is different version. I have logged into steam hoping that there would be some sort of auto update but that isnt the case. I am sure this is a very simple issue to resolve but I am not sure of how to do it. Any help that you guys could offer would be appreciated.

The abnerdogs hardcore server runs on an old version of cod (1.6) while our beginners server and our killhouse server both run on the most recent version (1.7). I would suggest downloading this

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/433-cod4-patch-selector/

Start the application and select 1.6. Then you will be able to join the hardcore server.

• Like 1

i have been able to join other randome servers

The abnerdogs hardcore server runs on an old version of cod (1.6) while our beginners server and our killhouse server both run on the most recent version (1.7). I would suggest downloading this

http://fearless-assa...patch-selector/

Start the application and select 1.6. Then you will be able to join the hardcore server.

thanks !