Firefox or Chrome ?

Ol Smoke

I have had a problem with IE8 for a while with my Windows XP OS, but I finally found the culprit causing the locking up. It was Microsoft's .NET framework 3.x. I got the system to stop locking up but it is horribly slow now. So I am looking to replace IE8 with something else.

I have read several articles and it seems that Google Chrome and Mozilla's FIrefox are almost equal, with Chrome being just slightly ahead.

My question is this: Which one have you tried or used and which do you think is faster and smoother to work with?

Does it seamlessly go into the XP system or have you seen some problems?

Please don't discuss other OS's except Windows XP. I don't care how Windows 7 or 8 works with it, just XP32.

Thanks

i used chrome for year i think but then i found out this : Chrome doesn't store cookies in separate text files in a cookies-directory like in IE; It stores all of the cookies together in a single file in the profile folder like Firefox.

it stored shitloads of textfiles and took hole lotta space

you can easily remove those text files to from directory

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage

or in chrome://chrome/settings/cookies

and you can also find scripts to delete those cookies.

But friend told me about Waterfox(64-bit firefox) and i like it alot. its fast with videos/pictures

I don't know all the ins and outs of the browser world, but I have used Chrome since it's release and love it.. IT's fast simple, uses very few system resources and has a crap load of features. But as with most os/browser/software everyone has the one that suits them the best and their needs... :D

i used chrome for year i think but then i found out this : Chrome doesn't store cookies in separate text files in a cookies-directory like in IE; It stores all of the cookies together in a single file in the profile folder like Firefox.

it stored shitloads of textfiles and took hole lotta space

you can easily remove those text files to from directory

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage

or in chrome://chrome/settings/cookies

and you can also find scripts to delete those cookies.

But friend told me about Waterfox(64-bit firefox) and i like it alot. its fast with videos/pictures

waterfox won't work on windows XP :P

Anyway I always preferred (a heavily modified) Firefox above Chrome.

Chrome will probably be faster, but I don't like the User Interface itself and can live with the 0.4s delay when loading a page (made up number to point out the difference isn't that big).

Also don't like Chrome updating without letting me know (firefox let you choose if you want auto updates or not) together with the lack of an master password on your saved passwords.

I can say that Firefox works perfectly on a windows xp. I assume Chrome will also work fine, but I didn't test that to a large extend

• Like 1

I've been a user of Firefox almost since it came out. I have Chrome installed but still hesitant to make a full switch. I have been encountered odd issues that FF comes across for awhile now that I simply have to go to Chrome to get to work. You should check into some browser tests you can do yourself with both browsers to see how they stack up to one another. Check out Acid3 and html5test.

If you get firefox, get Adblock plus add-on.

It eliminates most ads off of most websites and videos, and stops a lot of pop-ups.. (No more 30 second ads during youtube vids ;) )

There are many add-ons that are awesome with FF.

Yeah i Agree with Sin i was a IE user but it start to have many isues with it so i change to FF till today.

Google its good too,i have no problems with it too. but im faithfull to FF,just that.

anything,just not IE :mad

personally, i prefer opera.

- many add on´s (all above named add ons from other browsers included :P and much more),

- DL Mananger (included Bittorrent),

- Email client,

- fast (opera Turbo if you use slow connection) and

- never got any problems.

if i had to chose between Fox and Chrome i would take fox.

Edit:

Edited by stabak

I prefer Chrome because it gives me the ability to translate the sites with languages ​​other than mine.

FF do it too and i think IE too.

Have been running Firefox for a few hours and I am very satisfied. I did get the adblocker installed as you suggested.

The first thing I noticed was the first page loaded faster that it has been doing. Video is smoother.

The adblocker is okay, but there are still a lot of ads coming thru.

So, all in all, I like it.

Thanks fellas