• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

punkbuster

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

da polock

da polock

• User
  • 2 posts
Unknown at this point
can anyone help me out? i get an error message that says, and I quote, PnkBstrB.exe driver failure{pnkbstrk.sys}ffab. guys what the f*&k does this mean? and how do i fix this? any help would be appreciated. thanks

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

*Evil*Stevedawg

*Evil*Stevedawg

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 125 posts
Unknown at this point
Have you installed pb to the operating system drive or a random storage drive?
This files should be in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 for the PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB.exe and concerning the PnkBstrK.sys it should be in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

couple possible solutions here. read through it and try some of the successful ones.
http://www.pbbans.co...showtopic=38770

Edited by *Evil*Stevedawg, 05 December 2009 - 08:59 AM.

da polock

da polock

• User
  • 2 posts
Unknown at this point

Have you installed pb to the operating system drive or a random storage drive?
This files should be in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 for the PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB.exe and concerning the PnkBstrK.sys it should be in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

couple possible solutions here. read through it and try some of the successful ones.
http://www.pbbans.co...showtopic=38770

thanks dawg.. i,ll try it

PotHead

PotHead

• User
  • 92 posts
Unknown at this point
mine is in windows 32 and i still get kicked ..it takes 3 times of shuttin down ET and restarting it and joining the server in order for it to stay on and not kick me..says missing heart beat failure or something like that ...ive try uninstallin and reinstalling and updating and none of it works..also read somewhere that it says to go to your firewall and allow pnkbstrb.exe and i did and still same problems..all i know it takes me 3 times of gettin kick then exiting and restarting ET and somehow it will stay on and keep me on the server without kickn,,

*Evil*Stevedawg

*Evil*Stevedawg

• Regular User
  • 125 posts
Unknown at this point
well this was one fix i found for the heartbeat

Got this off another forum on here maybe this will help:

I GOT IT!!!WOOOHOOOO
I went into add/remove programs, un installed Punkbuster Services, restarted.
Deleted all of my PB folders that are in my games
Re install, it will say pnkbstrb.exe is still not running in Services ((Control Panel>Administrative Tool>Services))
Run PB Setup.exe ( it should show that all games do NOT have PB installed.)
It will update your games and you will be good to go. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) just an idea

what antivirus are you using. could be blocking it from starting when you are in game (since pnkbustrA runs full time and tells pnkbstrb to start when you enter a game)and you don see it. by the time the game closes any option to allow is gone. try running ET and joining in windowed mode (ALT+ENTER) so you can monitor you desktop and AV. I know trend micro and avira have a history of blocking pnkbstrb. heck even windows defender maybe causing issues.

i would monitor the desktop first. if that doesnt work try the pb uninstall thing

Edited by *Evil*Stevedawg, 05 December 2009 - 10:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users