Doc's 2012 Deer Season

docwarren

Went deer hunting on family farm in Ohio for first time in 18 years. Bought a new gun for it and am impressed with how well it performed. Mossberg 535 12ga scoped using Sabot slugs.

First shot was a hit on a 4 or 6 point buck (it was hard to see as the sun had just started to break). Unfortunately, I determined I must have hit him in the jaw as I found blood & bone trail that stopped after about 20 yards. Searched 2.5 hours and never found him.

Second shot was on a doe and she dropped after running about 20 yards. Perfect heart shot.

ldyxu.jpg

Third shot shaved the fur off of a 10 pointer that was running with 2 other bucks at 60 yards. I got him to stop and look at me after running another 20 yards and as I took aim for 2nd shot at him, he bolted into deep woods. But at that moment his 2 friends came up a ravine and through a field of high grass to my right. I scoped the trailing 8 point buck on a flat out leaping run and on his second leap, I took him down instantly mid leap with a shot that took out his lungs. Range finder had it at about 150 yards. There wasn't much more velocity as I found the slug got stopped at the opposite shoulder blade.

dmab08.jpg

3468bwx.jpg

Will post more pics as I get them uploaded. My estimate is about 115 pounds of meat when I finished cutting them up. And that is with missing a whole shoulder & leg on the doe that I didn't cut off because of damage from the entrance wound.

• Like 4

@Zoe- split up the meat. There was me, 4 of my brothers, a "nephew" (kid that lived with my brother for 3 years), and a family friend that were all out there. People take what they want once it is cut up. Some make steaks, some make burgers, some make bologna. What's left, we make deer jerky and split that up.

@yoyo- I KNEW it!!!!

For some topics I need an unlike button, poor deer. These pictures don't really make me hungry

Well, I'm glad you eat it though, just leaving the dead deer in the woods would have been evil

Shoot some cows for me, I want some steak

• Like 1

For some topics I need an unlike button, poor deer. These pictures don't really make me hungry

Well, I'm glad you eat it though, just leaving the dead deer in the woods would have been evil

Shoot some cows for me, I want some steak

A co-worker who is a Vegan told me she was going to block me on her FB if I was going to post pics.

Co-worker- "I don't want to see any pics of you hovering over a dead dear."

Me- "I don't just do it for the hunt. It puts food on the table."

Co-worker- "You have a job here that puts food on the table. And you don't have to shoot anyone here."

Me- "Not yet."

Yeah..... that earned me a trip to the Human Resources department and the psychologist.

• Like 2

Nice job sir....btw funny I always thought you looked like sting from the old school WWF!!! Yes WWF live on! Hate that they changed it to WWE

I was beginng to think there were no deer hunters here. I'm glad I am wrong. Tell the co-worker that you are a Megan - a Meat Eater!!

Congrats on the deer and good times you had. Here is my Photobucket link of live and dead animals from Alabama and Georgia for your viewing pleasure.

http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/cervus_venator/

also my blog:

http://cervusvenator.wordpress.com/

P.S.

I'm not pretty like Doc

I'm just glad to see someone actually hunting and harveting deer.