Minecraft F|A Minecraft Survival Server updated to 1.4.2

GI-JOE

Our survival server has been updated to 1.4.2, it's been a long wait but I have finally been able to put some time into the Minecraft servers again.

If you have already updated to 1.4.4 but want to play on the servers I have included a .jar file that goes in your minecraft .bin folder, I will include instructions for what to do with that below

Over the next couple of weeks I will be updating the Markkit at spawn with new items, if anyone wishes to contribute some input as far as fair prices for these items, please let me know, if enough are interested I will make a thread for it.

1.4.2 changelog:

+ Added a beacon

+ Added flower pots

+ Added item frames

+ Added anvils

+ Added cobblestone walls

+ Added pumpkin pies

+ Added carrots and potatoes

+ Carrots can be put on a stick to control pigs while riding

+ Added a boss mob

+ Added a new skeleton type

+ Added witches

+ Added bats

+ Added mob heads that can be placed

+ Zombies now infect villagers, but can also be cured

+ Added wooden button

+ Items can be cloned with the “pick block” action in Creative Mode

+ Items can be quickly moved to the hotbar by pressing 1 through 9 while hovering an item

+ Added /difficulty, /spawnpoint, /weather, /gamerule and /clear commands

+ Added “target selectors” for commands

+ Added option to hide capes

+ Added option to toggle vertical synch

+ Added customization to superflat worlds

+ Minor additions to the world generator

+ New potion recipes

+ Leather armor can be dyed

* Maps now start more zoomed in, and can be extended

* Redstone repeaters can now be set into a “locked” position

* New sound effects

* Portals to the Nether can now transport items and mobs

* Adventure mode now allows placing and removing blocks, but only when using the correct tools

* Changed method of placing sideways wood logs

* Improved server list

* Improved debug (F3) options

* Spawn protection is now automatically disabled if there are no defined admins

- Removed Herobrine

Minecraft 1.4.2 jar file: minecraft 1.4.2.zip

Instructions:

Navigate to your .minecraft folder which is usually found in C:\Users\<username>\App Data\Roaming\.minecraft\.bin. Find your current minecraft.jar file and copy it to another directory where you won't lose it (this is for backup purposes). Take the new minecraft.jar that you just downloaded and place it in your .bin folder, overwriting the current one if necessary and launch minecraft. When it prompts you to update, choose the "not now" option and you should be able to join the server, if you have any issues post them here and I will help as best I can.

As of yet the creative server is still on 1.3.2 because not all of the essential plugins for that server have updated to 1.4 compatible versions. I will do some looking around for replacements soon so we can update that one as well.

If you run into any errors on the server or need help in anyway please use this section of the forum to report them.

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 3

Hopefully I've remedied the situation a bit by building a sheltered spawn just below the normal spawn point, it's got a few start-up supplies in it so hopefully it won't be as big a problem

I'll do some looking around and try and find a way to control it or at least make it better...I'm resistant to using worldguard, mostly because it's a bit more high-maintenance than what I would like to have to deal with