Investments?

Duckie

man i got a story for you guys..back in 2001 early 2001 i invested in a company called glowpoint technology..i had no clue what it was but it was only 10 cents a share ( later i found out that it is video conferencing technology..like video webcams and stuff for buisnesses)..anyways i dropped $500 and got a CRAP load of shares of thise company..it would climb like a penny or 2 every now and then but it wasnt doin what i wanted it to do which was make a good gain of 25-50 cents then i would pull my money out of it and sell my shares..so i pulled out and sold my shares and invested in like ebay and google..then 9-11 happen and they wouldnt let ANYONE fly for a few days and people were scared to leave their house..so appointments and meetings were done by video conferenceing and i checked on the stock and it jumped to like $5 or $7 a share :o i would of made MAD money since i got a ton of shares at 10 cents each...STILL kickin my ass til this day for that move :(

Gold is a good place to store money in for very low risk, but to make serious money I'd suggest real estate and stocks. Bonds do pretty great if your looking for the future. Phantasm made an amazing tutorial about trading that earns some serious cash. I'd put a link but im really really lazy

do u want to invest something and hold it 4 a long term or short term???

DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC or DRILLISCH AG would be a good investment 4 long term.....

im playing a game where u have to invest fictive money in stocks

and i think the best way 4 short term is: search a stock which goes constantly up ... then buy it when it has a "bad day" and sell it the next day...since im doing this technique my depot is going up...

but ask phantasm....he is the PRO :yahoo

I've actually been buying and selling AMD lately. It tends to have big drops every morning followed by slow gains over the day. Easy to play. I have been supporting my family with money from this one stock.

5cadl4.jpg

I'm stearing clear of the big financials right now since the momentum has left most of the US stock market. Tech stocks seem to be the only place to get any decent predictable volatility.

Silver is probably better than gold if you want a metal to invest in for the long-term. Silver is much more rare than gold. Lithium will be in huge demand for all the new electric cars.

There are actually less US dollars on earth now than there was two years ago, due to $60 trillion disappearing last year in the CDO/derivative market collapse. So, the US govt can print all the money they want with no real inflation. If they created a billion dollars a day it would take them 150 years to reach the amount of electronic money that was in the global system two years ago. That's why we are seeing deflation instead of inflation. This gold market is a bubble, it has taken on a life of its own as people get scared of the coming commercial real estate crash and start to put the money that was in stocks or in the bank into gold as insurance. It is no longer trading inversely proportional to the dollar. Gold is still rising even as the dollar levels out. Usually gold falls whenever the dollar rises and vice versa. So gold is behaving independently, which makes it unpredictable.

Here is a great discussion about gold on a trader forum I visit a lot:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/bank-america-golds-imminent-rise-1500

Go ahead and buy it if you like it. You can buy gold stock as NYSE:GLD so you don't have to worry about physical gold. When/if the gold bubble bursts, you will be able to execute a Stop Order and dump it at the peak so you don't lose much money. Also, you can buy and sell based on the day-to-day fluctuations of the global gold market. There was a nice dip last Friday that was totally predictable if you read the news.

If Congress announces that they are increasing the debt ceiling, gold will go up quickly due to the misinformed masses who think we are in danger of massive inflation if the US government prints/borrows more money. FNM and FRE will also go up. They are down around a dollar. Expect them to double overnight - a much better return than gold actually. They need a bailout to survive next year, and Congress can't save them without borrowing half a trillion more to give these losers. With US Republicans wanting to gain votes by appearing to oppose more spending, it could go either way.

Read about the debt ceiling here: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601074&sid=aWXDnpFProiY

The biggest thing that could boost gold is if more oil-exporting countries start valuing their oil in euros instead of dollars. This is a much bigger threat than ordinary inflation. Nixon (moron) switched the USA from a gold standard to an "oil standard" in 1971, so the US dollar is actually tied to the global oil market instead of gold. One of the main reasons for the Iraq War was that they switched to selling their oil in euros instead of dollars in 2002. Iran is openly discussing this, which could result in another war.

Here is what GLD looked like on the stock market for the last five days. Note that the stock price is one-tenth of the cost of one ounce of gold.

2nk4e1w.jpg