Jay 1 & 2 high ping/lag issue

Edogg

The last couple of days I've been getting pings two to three times higher than normal on jay 1 and jay 2. My ping is usually somewhere between 40 - 60, but lately it's been 130 -150. Nothing has changed on my end as far as I know, I tried resetting my modem but that didnt work. I've attached some output from winMTR. Any help would be appreciated.

jay1.txt

jay2.txt

I think its your ISP.

If you notice, this line is where your ping jumps to more than 100..

|he-4-5-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 42 | 42 | 106 | 117 | 131 | 113 |

it does exactly the same on the Jay2 WinMTR report too..

So I can only assume from the hostname (comcast) that it is one of your ISP's routing points..

Edited by Chuckun

It's always worth contacting them.. If you can do it via email - or even better via a live and public forum (then they are forced to be reasonable because its public) - then you can include the winMTR report and show them where the ping increase is, and explain that it used to be a maximum of a 40ms ping. You've nothing to lose either way :)

• Administrators

Do you think bugging them will do any good, or should I just wait it out?

Probably the hurricane effect. Contact your ISP, wait and see what they do.

• Like 1