Quitting smoking

castlin

forgetting one big part..

i used to smoke and went the cold turkey route. i found that the hardest part to break was the habbit.. going outside for breaks, waking up in the am, after meals.. etc

what i did was take cinnamon gum when the habbit said that i needed a cigg

good luck quitting!

• Like 1

Good luck with that,

I roll my on cigs, and next spring plan on harvesting my own tobacco. Why because I choose too. Its all up to you and if you have the will to do it, if you want to quit. Change your habits for one, I don't know about reading a book, first thing I want after a few chapters is a cig or a puff off my pipe. Everyone I know that quit smoking had to basically change there life style, don't know how long you have been smoking but your life revolves around that little thing you light up and puff on.

Good luck with that,

I roll my on cigs, and next spring plan on harvesting my own tobacco. Why because I choose too. Its all up to you and if you have the will to do it, if you want to quit. Change your habits for one, I don't know about reading a book, first thing I want after a few chapters is a cig or a puff off my pipe. Everyone I know that quit smoking had to basically change there life style, don't know how long you have been smoking but your life revolves around that little thing you light up and puff on.

And the glory of the book is that he encourages you to smoke to your hearts content while you read it.. The idea came to him when a friend said "If I could smoke whilst stopping smoking, I'd stand a chance.. But the stress of it makes me want to smoke!"

And the glory of the book is that he encourages you to smoke to your hearts content while you read it.. The idea came to him when a friend said "If I could smoke whilst stopping smoking, I'd stand a chance.. But the stress of it makes me want to smoke!"

Exactly. I just finished the book, and haven't smoked in 7 days :)

• Like 1

One of the thing's i figured out when i quit, but started back was it's all about keeping the mouth moving. Smokers don't realize that it's basically company as my grandmother put. Chew bubblegum, eat sunflower seeds, eat jellybeans. Just keep your mouth moving haha. You could also invest a little more money into purchasing blu-cigs. Tobacco & Tar free and still give you nicotine.

• Like 1

Finally a subject I can relate to :)

The solution to kicking the smoking habit is "easy" if you live in Norway or Sweden.

You just start using -snus- instead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus

You get all the nicotine you need, and the only think you need to worry about is where to put your hands. (as they are used to holding the cigarette)

The downside on the other hand is that you might get mouth cancer instead of lung cancer, it is addictive, you look like an idiot with the snus under your lip, nobody will want to kiss you and it is only sold in Sweden and Norway. Might be possible to buy over the net tho'

I myself stopped smoking and went over to snus. Not too hard actually because I still get the nicotine. However there are quite a few traps out there. Going out for a drink is of course a big test the first few times. So you might want to be a bit careful with that.

We all know a cigarette is great after sex so you might want to consider quitting that too :)

The social aspect of it is also a test in the beginning. You are used to going outside to have a smoke during lunch with your mates. Suddenly you will realize there is nothing to do while standing there watching them smoke. Beware.

Wish you the best of luck with your project.

It is not impossible to stop smoking. It is hard, but possible.

When you make it - you will feel great. Of course physically, but also mentally as you can tell yourself "I bloody well did it!"

Happy fragging

/Ooops

I feel bad for the people that are adicted to smoking. I personally have never smoked in my life. I cant even be around it because it affects my breathing, makes me cough and sneeze.

Good luck to everybody trying to quit!

Good luck to you! I've tried and failed many times before...though skimming this thread has given me some ideas. I would be interested to know how it goes!

Vitamins are your best solution !!!! go pick up some vitamin C, Vitamins B12, or a B-complex ... you need atleast 3000mgs of vitamin c everyday

vitamin b12 is mostly for the nerves and stress it will also give you energy , St John's wort will help with stress

vitamin E is a antioxidant(fight oxidative stress), and helps the respiratory system

another thing is that smoking weakens the bones so you must take Vitamin D

chewing gum ... at long as you can get the taste of a cig out of your mouth it will work, just something that will change your taste buds

Drink lots and lots of waterrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt mess with the patches but if you want to go ahead .. they have nicotine in them.... dont you wont to get away from nicotine anyways?

learn some breathing techniques it will help your lungs get use to the new air

the hardest part is the 3 first days of quitting the rest is not as hard, after you get over that hump then your ready goo

it might even take you alot longer if your not use to quitting once your body gets use to quitting then it will be alot easier, and you probably wont smoke as much

everything else is just mental, you have to really talk yourself out of it, use your willpower and know that its always mind over body

and if you drink alcohol ..its best to avoid drinking during your quitting days because your gonna head back to where you started

Edited by Glyphz

well try the electronic cig its like a cig but only water vapor i know some people can quit cold turkey but others cant also word of advice if u drink try not to drink when u are trying to quit cuz its one of the worst ways to start smoking again wish you luck i was going to upload a funny pic but i havnt figured that out yet see ya soon MISSOURI_MANIAC

index

Med gallery 181 251 60016

Edited by MISSOURI_MANIAC

I am an x cig smoker and i used sunflower seeds and toothpicks . They helped me through the first month. Keep in mind that what worked for 1 person might not work for you. I have a couple of friends that had their doctor prescribe them something and they also quit . Good Luck!

In Australia our anti smoking ads say "Never give up giving up"

Smoking is the hardest habit to break, and nicotine changes the receptors in the brain, thats what the "cravings" are. Your brain tells you it needs the nicotine.

I wish now I had kept some information I was given from the hospital "baby" bag from my son. It had a magnet in it and it showed how much your body changed each day once you quit (it was like in 2 weeks 50% of your taste returns) Goodluck :) I hope you can succeed and it is on my to do list also

Edited by WeetBix KiD
  • Like 1