*Jay4* Map Reviews l Trick Jumps/Plants/Shots l Hidden Places l Exposed Walljumps l

Levi

Warning: Some of these videos may give you an unfair advantage, and these videos are solely for the purpose of knowledge. NOT TO BE ABUSED

Welcome to my Jay4-Everything thread which includes trick-jumps, trick-plants, running routes, Hidden Locations, Map reviews, & more!

Viewing Instructions

1. Download the files

2. Place in your jaymod "demo" or "replay" folder.

3. Load up ET.

4. Under your "mods list" select jaymod.

5. Click replays after mod has loaded and they are all there.

-If it still doesn't work make sure you have all the required jaymod files, and run the pk3 cleanup tool.

Timeline

September 29th: Uploaded base videos, started thread.

October 3rd: Fixed video names, uploaded more videos, Started Map Reviews.

October 8th: Uploaded 6 Videos.

October 9th: Uploaded 2 Trick Jump Videos.

October 15th: Uploaded 1 Trick Jump Video.

Map Reviews (Under Construction) (More Coming) (Includes favor-meter which show's which side has the advantage)

Red = Worse

Yellow = Even bar

Green = The more on one side the better the advantage of that team.

Allies ----------------------------- Axis

Marrakech Streets = This map I've only discovered one hidden place so far. This map also has one critical wall jump which can lead to a rushing victory, and there is an easy trick-jump pattern to rush the labratory doors. Overall the map is great in objectives. The Ammo/Health areas are in a keen place to be for each team. Both teams have a good objective, and it's slightly favored to allies until wall jump get's fixed. Solid 4.5/5 It's an enjoyable map to play.

Errors: 1 Wall Jump.

Adlernest = This map has an overall great idea, but with that being said there are just to many problems with it. There are 3 Wall-Jumps in this map which all lead you to the objective. You can run past most of the axis and get to the objective yourself without using one of the Wall-jumps rather easily just by using covert-ops. The map has a critical flaw because it can be completed without doing any of the objectives. Map only has 2 main objectives, command post, and door switches. This map is just to straight-forward with the objectives, and doesn't leave you with any room to do anything else. This map is horrible and would be better if the Wall-jumps were fixed so i'd give it a 2/5.

Errors: 3 Wall Jumps.

Frostbite = This map is also straight forward with the goals, but in a better way then most maps. These is only one to wall jump, but it doesn't really make a difference in the way the game turns out. Axis can defend heavily against there goal, and the Allies can defend the final objective area heavily given there spawn location so this equals out both teams to me. This map only has one Ammo/Health Area which is favored to the allies, but not that bad. This map i consider to be even given that with both a good defence, and offense it would be a frag-fest. Spawn locations are just about even so this map gets a good 4/5

Pirates = This map has a good pirate theme going with a nice ocean, boat, and buoys. The first spawn locations are a frag fest to defend the allies from dynamiting the doors, and the Axis have the advantage here. The door closest to the Church can be jumped over (Wall-Jump) and lead the allies to a victory very quickly via rushing. So this map as well can be completed without doing any objectives. The Axis 2nd spawn location is good for a prime defence given the team works together because the allied forces can only funnel through two ways. I'd say this map has a unique feel which is the only reason it get's a 3/5. Once again its favored to the Allies until the wall jump is fixed.

Oasis(Added Fix) = One of the oldest maps I've ever played feature two anti-tank guns the allied forces must use dynamite to destroy. This map has a good desert feel to it, and thanks to the added fix for wall jumping this will be the first map slightly favored to the axis and I'll tell you why. The Axis can go back and destroy the First Water Pump, and Command Post. They can also camp the guns very effectively, and since there is a barrier between guns the allies can no longer bum rush each gun. Axis can also fight for the first spawn location more effectively given they can come back and get through the "Barrier" but the Allies can't. (Wall Jump Fix) I'll give this map a 5/5 given that it's an older map, and still effective in the areas it needs to be.

Errors: None.

Fata Morgana = This map is purely a frag "Run and Gun" map which is why the inidcator bar is completely yellow because this map is not favored to either team in either way. In order to win one side must score "10" flags of the opposing teams flags. This map has a very tricky center sort of like a maze, and dissapearing/reappearing walls that you can get hung up on. Without atleast 5+ players on each team this map is a bust giving its excessive time frame making it utterly boring to play. If one team does not score throughout the alloted time the clock counter will remain at "0:00" until somebody scores (Sudden Death). That covers everything about this map given its purely a frag map I'll give it a 3.5/5 considering must people play for objective, and the map itself can be somewhat boring. However if your looking for an even playing field this map is for you!

Errors: None.

Fueldump = This map is one of the largest maps, with a very long time counter, and many objectives. This is a really good map for Snipers, and long-range weapon shooters alike. The Allied forces must get all the way across the map to detonate the Fuelpumps which can be quite hard considering the Axis spawn locations. The Axis should win this map everytime playing defensively because they spawn within 4 seconds of the Fuel Pump. With all that being said this is if people abide by the rules and do not wall jump. You can jump up into the Axis spawn location before ever building the bridge, and you can jump over the Axis walls to detonate the Fuelpumps very easily.

Errors: 2 Wall Jumps.

Videos

Oasis-Trick-Plant.zip

Oasis-Trick-Jump.zip

Sp-Delivery-Mortar-Trick.zip

Sp-Delivery-Trick-Jump.zip

Marrakech Streets - Hidden Place.zip

Marrakech Streets - Wall-Jump.zip

Adlernest - Airstrike Trick.zip

Marrakech Streets - Best Trick Jump.zip

Frostbite - Best Hidden Camping Spot.zip

Adlernest - Panzer Wall Jump.zip

Adlernest - Satchel Wall Jump.zip

Fuel Dump - Wall-Jump#2.zip

Sp. Delivery - Trick Jump#2.zip

Pirates - Trick Jump#2.zip

Pirates - Trick Jump.zip

Pirates - Wall Jump.zip

Beer Run - Hidden Place.zip

Venice - Trick Jump#2.zip

Venice - Trick Jump.zip

Fuel Dump - Wall-Jump.zip

Venice - Trick Jump#3.zip

Venice - Trick Jump#4.zip

Beer Run - Trick Jump.zip

• Like 3

3 Videos uploaded today. More to come! 1. The best rushing trick-jump pattern for Marrakech Streets 2. A jump-to hidden camping spot on Frostbite 3. How to get easy kills with an air-strike trick on adlernest.

Will have a lot of videos coming up tomorrow showing more wall jumps, trick jumps, & more. Will put up my review on the rest of the maps on Jay4 as well. Happy Fragging!

Nice Tutorial / Info Guide. i have been trick jumping ever since Jaymod came out and i didn't know all the spots you have shown in those vids.

/10char

Thanks for taking the time to post! posted 3 more videos. 2 Wall Jumps, and another trick jump on Special Delivery.

What is trick jumping?

Multiple Jumps to get a hidden area, or location faster. Knowing these trick jumps gives you an advantage over the other team. Some can be quite hard to do but after you have learned them they are easy. You jump off of certain places or objects you wouldn't normally think of even using to get to a certain area.

Multiple Jumps to get a hidden area, or location faster. Knowing these trick jumps gives you an advantage over the other team. Some can be quite hard to do but after you have learned them they are easy. You jump off of certain places or objects you wouldn't normally think of even using to get to a certain area.

Ohh ok. Is it when you use adren as well too? MaKy tried to show me, but I am hopeless lol

• Administrators

Convert your demos to high resolution videos....and i can upload it to our F|A Utube channel.

http://www.youtube.c...arlessAssassins

Do Note: We don't allow wall jump or trick jumping to rush the maps. Learning trick jumping is always good but to use it for rushing maps is not good :)

• Like 3

Ohh ok. Is it when you use adren as well too? MaKy tried to show me, but I am hopeless lol

Adrenaline Lets you run faster so its needed, but not always i can do just about every one of these without adrenaline. It just makes it easier.

Convert your demos to high resolution videos....and i can upload it to our F|A Utube channel.

http://www.youtube.c...arlessAssassins

Do Note: We don't allow wall jump or trick jumping to rush the maps. Learning trick jumping is always good but to use it for rushing maps is not good :)

They are only there to be exposed so people can look out for them and report people doing it. If I knew how to convert them I'll get down to it if you could tell me how or provide a link.

i use fraps and then some video editor

I've got the jist of how I'm going to do it, I'm going to make all the videos I've gathered so far into one big montage. It's going to be great! Will take some time though.