• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

L9: Master

• Regular User
  • 2,374 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Admin:0
  • Server:None
Well, now I'm busy making topics. One extra can't be a problem (again making them because it think it stays cleaner than all the questions in one topic).

Since a couple of months my ISP is asking me if I want to help test ipv6 (they are about to switch completely to ipv6). This would probably result in me getting a static ip (although not sure about that), but that's not the problem.

I was wondering can the change cause problems for w:et (and online gaming in general)?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

L6: Expert

• ET Trial
  • 997 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:11
  • Server:Jay2
  • Alias:=F|A=NoCell
Certain games will have to adapt to it. Most online games are already ready for it. More info here: http://ipv6.com/arti...d-of-Gaming.htm

Your Number One Super Noob Bone Breaking Samurai

• Leader
  • 3,710 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay3
  • Alias:father
  • Steam ID:verpinoy
  • T-M:ET: 8-6
If you shift to IPv6 IP address and the game server you are connecting to is not IPv6-ready, then you would not be able to connect to ANY servers that are not IPv6 ready.

On a side note, availability of IPv4 addresses ( such as what we are using now atleast on ET servers) are continuing to diminish by numbers and soon would be finished. That means, all IPv4 IP space had been allocated and assigned to worldwide end users. New IP address requests would then begin to serve by IPv6 soon.