VW Owners

GraveDigger

I've owned two. I had a 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsberg 1.8T. It was a piece of garbage, but the VW sales guy talked me into trading it in on a new 2004 VW Jetta GLI. I fell in love with it when I saw it, as it came tricked out from the factory. Ricaro racing seats, 6 speed tranny, 1.8T, 18" rims, hi-pro everything. I LOVED that car and reluctantly traded it in after 4 years at the urging of my wife for an Audi A4. Based on my experience with the GLI, I bought a Golf for my daughter which she loves. I would buy another VW in a heartbeat. Have fun!

Last year I was in the market for a new car. I looked at many brands. It came down to 3 cars. VW Jetta, Chevy Cruz, and Volvo s90. Jetta was knocked out of the running early on d/t their issues with the feul injection and other drivetrain issues that have been a problem with VW for a few years.

I went with the Chevy Cruz, btw.

1999.5 Jetta

the suspension fell apart at 100,000 miles. ball joints, struts, swaybar bushings.. also had some check engine light and an intermitent missfire issues that i fixed.

and the transmission was a sealed unit and i was not able to check the fluid level (and i know it was low with all of the slipping it was doing).

it did do great in the snow with Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires on it. would have made a great winter beater.

almost 3 years ago i traded it in for a 2007 Mercury Milan (Mercury's version of the Ford Fusion).