• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Vista problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Husa

Husa

L9: Master

• Banned
  • 2,196 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Server:None
Contributor
Every some days,i get kicked from server with no f***ing reason.How lame could that be just got kick from game and it shows me vista's window "if there will be any help or something like thta we will send u .."Any one expert?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Post(?)Organic

Post(?)Organic

L7: Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,332 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:4
The problem is that you have Vista 8-)

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
  • Xbox Live:hellreturn
  • EvolveHQ:hellreturn
  • Admin:21
  • Alias:hellreturn
  • T-M:1-0
Contributor

Every some days,i get kicked from server with no fucking reason.How lame could that be just got kick from game and it shows me vista's window "if there will be any help or something like thta we will send u .."Any one expert?

Server name and it should you some reason.

Husa

Husa

L9: Master

• Banned
  • 2,196 posts
Contributor

Server name and it should you some reason.

I don't know if we understood each other correct but,as i know F|A#2 kicked me..

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
  • Xbox Live:hellreturn
  • EvolveHQ:hellreturn
  • Admin:21
  • Alias:hellreturn
  • T-M:1-0
Contributor

I don't know if we understood each other correct but,as i know F|A#2 kicked me..

F|A 2 runs on 2.6b. It should you some reason when it kicks you.

IbubbleGum

IbubbleGum

L2: Beginner

• Deactivated
  • 48 posts
User sucks
Vista simpely sucks, make a multi boot from XP and Vista and go on XP if you wanna play ET :mellow:

F257

F257

L8: Grand Teacher

• Honored Veteran
  • 1,569 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:12

Vista simpely sucks, make a multi boot from XP and Vista and go on XP if you wanna play ET :mellow:

i would laugh out loud if i manged to play half an hour of et without it freezing and me having to go to task manager. The thing is vista is a beast on resources, so if you don have a copy of XP (legit copy...) or vista has stolen your pc's resources and you dont feel like rolling back your OS completly , you can try installing Linux and emulating through Wine (if you dont want to try running ET on Linux that is) or else run a virtulized Windwos and play ET through there

Notajedi

Notajedi

L4: Apprentice

• Clan Friend
  • 434 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:10
Vista = problem

Right click on et icon tick run in compatibility mode windows xp (service pack 2)

tick run this programme as administrator.

If your running a dual core system open task manager and make sure it only runs on one core.

Make sure your punkbuster is up to date one of the recent updates just kept crashing the crap out of et.

You probably already have dona all this, but just in case ;-)

F257

F257

L8: Grand Teacher

• Honored Veteran
  • 1,569 posts
Getting Better

Vista = problem

Right click on et icon tick run in compatibility mode windows xp (service pack 2)

tick run this programme as administrator.

If your running a dual core system open task manager and make sure it only runs on one core.

Make sure your punkbuster is up to date one of the recent updates just kept crashing the crap out of et.

You probably already have dona all this, but just in case ;-)

vista - not as great as they proclaimed it was going to be

Higgeo

Higgeo

L3: Novice

• User
  • 368 posts
Contributor
its probs vista

here are simple tips

- update pb
- go to 2.60b
- get latest drivers
- windows updates
- check config and settings for errors

Bi0s

Bi0s

• User
  • 214 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Server:Silent #1
Hmm i run vista 64 and dont have an issue with et or any other games.. what might help me is the amount of ram and cpu i run also but no complaints about vista.. if et is complety closing and ur back on ur desktop sounds like ET is crashing need to look in the error log for vista and see what excatly is haveing an error and causing et to crash

Sabau Teodor

Sabau Teodor

L2: Beginner

• User
  • 42 posts
Unknown at this point
Vista is good only 4 programators and web-designers. For gamers it's the worst nightmare :excl: . Try Windows XP , it's as good as vista, and it leaves u 2 play any game u want .

Vista is good only 4 programators and web-designers. For gamers it's the worst nightmare :excl: . Try Windows XP , it's as good as vista, and it leaves u 2 play any game u want .

ZIGZAG

ZIGZAG

• Regular User
  • 197 posts
Hello I have Vista to, I make sure before i start runwith service pack 2 :) Hope that helped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users