Religion yeap i'm askin

YoMomma

I just recently took part in a debate about the need for religion in society today and it was a good one.So I thought I would ask my community(you all).How about it.Do we need it or not is it the cause of all the fighting and problems in the world today or the answer.Please think before you type and try to give some thought provoking answers.

• Like 1

This is a terrible forum topic. The only thing that would come of this is a lot of butthurt individuals.

Rofl I kind of agree... I can only reply a lot of bad words to this topic because religion pisses me off.

Lol I can't say one positive thing about religion. If you'd ask me how I feel about it, you better hide because I'd yell and swear ;]

• Like 3

My belief is that without religion we could then start to move toward true equality.Yes there would be folks that still harbor the thought thay are better than others but I would think that would be a few and not the norm

Yeap that why i posted people just cant seem to bring themselves to talk about it.but that's why we should(in a civilized manner)

Edited by FTW YoMomma

My belief is that without religion we could then start to move toward true equality.Yes there would be folks that still harbor the thought thay are better than others but I would think that would be a few and not the norm

You believe in an ideal world... People will always find a way to justify stupidity. the counter argument could be made that religion keeps many people in check. the discussion should not be whether the world has religion or not, but rather how to discourage people from doing stupid things (like wars, genocide, etc...). And yes, I agree with anti.

• Like 1

You believe in an ideal world... People will always find a way to justify stupidity. the counter argument could be made that religion keeps many people in check. the discussion should not be whether the world has religion or not, but rather how to discourage people from doing stupid things (like wars, genocide, etc...). And yes, I agree with anti.

I totally agree but we dont seem move that way yes religion should be fixed but in what way how many people would go for a single world religion.

I was raised religious, and once I sat back to look at everything from outside the umbrella, I started to see a lot of flaws and a lot of "I'm OK because of.." ideas. Personally, don't see a good reason to have it (and have noticed many of the massive debates etc in the US today, have a religious backing or religious "anti" group to them). I instantly distance myself from people that describe themselves by their religion first before their own personal qualities/likes. Nothing to me is more annoying than "Tell me about yourself." -- "Oh, I'm a christian...." --

I saw a bumper sticker that sums most of it up for me. "Religion to me is like a penis. It's fine to have one, it's fine to be proud of yours, but I don't want you shoving it down my kid's throats."

• Like 2

Religion is here for people who want an answer on questions that will never be answered. That is the reason why people believe, it's as simple as that. Religion will also make a crowd of people do stupid things, it's also a way to control big crowds. E.g. : the crusades, it was a bad idea to start with (badly executed too) but the people supported it, they really believed that Christianity was the only pure way of living. *Buzzer sound* Every religion is wrong imo, Buddhism is the way to go, everything is possible as long as you don't make yourself suffer or make others suffer. All i have to say

• Like 1

Agree with anti here.

Do I think we need religion? No.. But I do KNOW some people do need it in their lives. Society on the whole, no;- or we'd all be believers. Bottom line is, some people need religion, others don't.. Since it's such a personal-belief subject, there's no need (or room IMO) for debate or even discussion.

PS: If anyone goes as far as to bash science or religion or any nonsense like that, I'll lock this immediately.

Edited by Chuckun
  • Like 2

I keep seeing I agree with with anti but you still post dont get me wrong I think its great that's why its a good topic but really if dont like the topic dont post but if its the only way to get your true reaction i guess its all good

I was raised religious, and once I sat back to look at everything from outside the umbrella, I started to see a lot of flaws and a lot of "I'm OK because of.." ideas. Personally, don't see a good reason to have it (and have noticed many of the massive debates etc in the US today, have a religious backing or religious "anti" group to them). I instantly distance myself from people that describe themselves by their religion first before their own personal qualities/likes. Nothing to me is more annoying than "Tell me about yourself." -- "Oh, I'm a christian...." --

I saw a bumper sticker that sums most of it up for me. "Religion to me is like a penis. It's fine to have one, it's fine to be proud of yours, but I don't want you shoving it down my kid's throats."

Hey i'm a Christian :)

Being a Christian is part of who we are. Saying that we can't talk about that, is saying I can't talk about something that is a part of me, just as much as gaming is a part of me.

i dont believe in any religion staff im more in to sience but i got nothing agains people who does other way around.

Everyone can believe in what they believe is right as long as they believe in it.

• Like 2