swine flu

krAzy :)

I think I had it last week. It sucked, but not as bad as I expected. It is going around here. One of my wife's friends caught it from a coworker. It starts with a sore throat, moves down into your lungs, you get a fever, headache, nausea, and the runs. Fun. You can't do anything but lay in bed. You can get up for an hour but you get tired fast and have to lay back down. It goes away after a few days and you are normal again.

They shut down a bunch of schools in my area over the H1N1 virus. Some 200+ kids had it. Only three reported cases of swine flu though. I'm not getting any of the vaccines. I'll ride it out.

does anyone of u have the swine flu????

they say at the and of 2009 40% of world population should have it.... :blink:

Bullshit,reporters are spreading disinformations..And how can u be so naive.It's 10. month in 2009 year already,what means 40% of world's population needs to get swine's flu in this 64 days to the end of this 2009 year?Hardcorelmfao?

I'm starting it right now. But for me it's a normal flu, whatever they say. It's just a flu which will make me sick and out of work for 2-3 days.

I used to get the flu shot every year and then the last 2 years I forgot/didn't get around to it and whaddya know! I got it both years lol. So I definitely made sure to at least get the regular flu shot, got it a week ago! Hope I don't get swine flu tho, I don't wanna be sick!

I'm currently going through it for the second time :/ I really shoulda invested in a shot

Herm. Getting the shot, in theory, would do the same thing as having it once, except (hopefully) for the getting sick part. So if you got it after having it once, the shot probably wouldn't have helped you.

yeah, thats what the doc said, but ironically if i had gotten the shot i wouldn't have been sick in the first place... :/ Im jsut too cheap. $15 for a shot? i don't think so. Now im missin out on 300 bucks worth of work and plasma xD

yeah, thats what the doc said, but ironically if i had gotten the shot i wouldn't have been sick in the first place... :/ Im jsut too cheap. $15 for a shot? i don't think so. Now im missin out on 300 bucks worth of work and plasma xD

I think we're misunderstanding each other. You said you got swine flu twice. This means you had it one time first, then caught it a second time?

If so, the shot may not have prevented the first one at all.

After you got sick the first time (first exposure) your body should have produced antibodies that make you immune from getting it a second time. The shot does the exact same thing. So if your body did not produce the antibodies after the first time you got it, nothing would really have helped you. :-x

But I think it's more likely you just got 2 different types of flu, just my opinion though. Plus, those shots have risks more than just the money.

I am ignorant about all this vaccination shit. If they tell me there is a 5% chance of getting swine flu from the vaccine itself, I will not take it. I don't know what the chances are. Personally I don't think about such stupid things like the flu. If I got it and died, well tough cookies for me. Generally I am anti government and do not trust them to make a good vaccine. My mother is a family doctor and my sister is a nurse, so I hear the most amazing healthcare f***ups all the time.

Remember: TRUST NO ONE (especially me)

• Like 1