I'm calling out everyone!

Krayzie

Saying you don't have money to donate, is like saying you don't have a keyboard to type. Obviously there is cash from somewhere. My intentions where not to make anyone look bad, that they have not donated, or to even make them feel bad. I posted this, to get more awareness out there, and try to encourage more people to donate. You don't have to be mulch-millionaire to donate. Hell, I'm the only one working at the moment. I make roughly 1700USD/Month. After rent, car insurance, phone bill, cable/internet, water, trash, sewage, gas, and electricity, it leaves me with roughly 200USD at the end of the month. Then I have to feed my 7 month old daughter, my girlfriend, and I. As well as 30USD/month for dog food, and 30USD/month for cricket food. Yet I can still spare money to donate every so often.

I have gotten tired of the excuses that oh I will donate next month, or I will donate next week. Chances are, you are not going to donate unless you do it then. How much are you really going to miss that 5 dollars that you donated to clan? What? One less postcard to send back home while on vacation? (That is a whole nother story, and I will not go there about vacations). Or a couple less sodas a week? Come on guys. You enjoy your time on servers, in clan, on forums. You EXPECT lag free servers, you EXPECT maps you like to be put in, you EXPECT for your issues to be resolved right away. Do you see Dare, or any of them EXPECTING money? No they ask for donations... Maybe Dare would like a new PC to play new games on too? Or JoeDirt would like to go on a vacation with his family? Or this admiin or that admin who donates like 300-400 dollars per month would like to do something nice? Hell I would love a new computer, but what is the point of a new computer, if there is no good servers to play on...Its all I ask. I understand there are CERTAIN reasons stopping from donating, but we will try are damnedest to work around and resolve them....

23023809.jpg

• Like 3

It's doable but I wouldn't do it. At max I would post on forums saying please donate if you can. Other then that, the day I feel, I don't want to spend extra $$ for other people's gaming fun you will see:

"Fearless Assassins have decided to close the community because of insufficient funds as founders and donors are not willing to spend single cent anymore for your fun after xx years."

Hey Daredevil,

I'm not sure how many members would actually have a true sense of the cost and time investment required to run the F|A clan. I know it is tough to put a value on the time investment (there are so many admins that contribute so much) but would you be able to post the estimated financial costs to run the servers, website, forums etc vs. the amount of contributions you receive from the members?

You clearly have a passion for F|A but you should not be impacted financially to keep this clan running. All members who are able, should be contributing at least their share and I believe if they had a better understanding of what their share is, they may step up.

Hey Daredevil,

I'm not sure how many members would actually have a true sense of the cost and time investment required to run the F|A clan. I know it is tough to put a value on the time investment (there are so many admins that contribute so much) but would you be able to post the estimated financial costs to run the servers, website, forums etc vs. the amount of contributions you receive from the members?

It may be in more than one place, but he went over very thoroughly the costs to run everything if you go to the "Ask Us" section in the private forums and click on the topic called "Questions" by k.lista.

• Administrators

What you said is true for me as well, but given the current situation, I would be open to discuss this as a possible way ahead.

I think my second recommendation should be considered. When you click on someone's profile, you see how much they've donated.

That's doable but to do that, I would need to purchase this add on.

http://www.devfuse.c...nation-tracker/

I believe you are suggesting something like this:

image_1314874209.png

@ Dardevil: Last time I made a donation, I just send money with Paypal.

Now, I have to put my name and address.... I don't like that.

Is there a way to send money with Paypal without giving personal information?

I think I just clicked the donate button on the right side of the main forum page (not the home page) and entered my amount, which then took me to a paypal sign in. I might be remembering it wrong... I think i came across your problem as well before I found the way to just make the donation.

@ Dardevil: Last time I made a donation, I just send money with Paypal.

Now, I have to put my name and address.... I don't like that.

Is there a way to send money with Paypal without giving personal information?

Click on forums at the top of the page. There will be the donation on the right hand side, click that, put in the amount you want to donate, and it will redirect to paypal, login, and your payment will go through. How I did it just two days ago. Didn't ask for any personal information. Maybe make sure your address and everything is verified?

Times are tough for me at the moment. Im caring for my mom and dad full time(cancer) and car insurance is due in August, $750 dollars :/ Plus I help my parents with bills. They come first no matter what.

However soon as car insurance is paid off I will be more than happy to donate some mollah. just be patient

That's doable but to do that, I would need to purchase this add on.

http://www.devfuse.c...nation-tracker/

I believe you are suggesting something like this:

image_1314874209.png

Exactly what I was thinking. I think this gives us back the ability to see "top donators" like folks have been asking about and also shows how much people have donated. If its 35 bucks for the whole FA Forum per year, I'll donate the first year if folks like this post. If after the first year we see it's not helping, then we simply let it lapse...no harm, no foul.

Just for the record (only when donation get bought, else ignore comment :P):

Is it possible with that add-on to hide your own donations for none administrator users? Just a question which pop up, because I don't see why other people have to know how much somebody donated to the clan. Of course if he want to let people know, fine for me. But I think it's something personal

Btw personally I don't care if people know it, I always post in that other topic when I donate, just something I can see people wanting to keep private and which should be respected after all it stays a voluntary action.

Edited by DrJoske

By no means am I an expert, but here's what it says..."Group permissions for who can view the donation tracker, view goals, view donations and for who can donate."

@Dare...think I understand this correctly looking at this package, would we simply be able to display "latest donors list" if it is decided to not have their donor history on their profile?

Edited by Darketch

By no means am I an expert, but here's what it says..."Group permissions for who can view the donation tracker, view goals, view donations and for who can donate."

@Dare...think I understand this correctly looking at this package, would we simply be able to display "latest donors list" if it is decided to not have their donor history on their profile?

Think group permissions have to be set my administrators, I want the ability to hide that I have donated (like you can hide that you are logged it for example)