1. 1. Is The Hardware Config Given Below Good

• Seems Good for ET and most other games
    • Need a better Graphics Card
    • Need a Better Mother Board
    • Need a Better Processor
    • Need faster RAM to go with this Config
    • Need a better CPU Fan + Heat Sing and Better Cabinet for good Cooling
  2. 2. How will the Config Work?

• The Config will work at Ultra Level for Old Games but at medium level for New Games
    • The Config will work at Ultra Level for both Old Games and New Games
    • The Config will not work at Ultra Level for Old Games
    • The Config will not work at Medium Level for New Games

Hi All,

I am buying a new PC and decided to have it such that it would do good both for gaming and server roles. I'll be Grateful if you can review this config from gaming point of view and see if I need to do some more enhancements. For gaming I have preferred AMD hardware for long as I feel Intel is twice the price for same features and so is not worth it.

Components:

Mother Board: ASUS M5A97 AM3+ ATX AMD 970, AMD SB950 32 GB DDR3 1866 MHz

Processor: AMD 8 Cores 3.1/4.0 GHz AM3+ FX 8120 32 nm L2 8MB L3 8MB DDR3-1866

RAM: 2 X 4GB Transcend DDR3-1600 (JM1600KLN-4G) 800MHz

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 3.5" HDD (WD5000AAKX) SATA 6.0 Gbps 7200 RPM

Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts PSU ATX 12V v2.3 I/P 90-264 Volts

DVD RW: Sony AD-7280S SATA DVD+RW, CD+RW

Graphic Card: Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB GDDR5 775 MHz 64 GB/s 400 W

Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 311 Plus Mid Tower Bottom PSU 2 X 120 mm Fan 7 X 3.5" + 3 X 5.2" Bays, 3 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0

Monitor: Dell 23" LED - S2330MX 250 nits 1920 x 1080 pixels 2 ms 1 HDMI Port

Regards,

Sudhir Kumar Singh (AKA F|A Rajput)

Edited by Rajput

-What is the budget your aiming for, having a budget makes judging a build easier.

- Are you building yourself or letting it build? I'm asking this because that case is a bloody pain in the ass: it's cheap and you notice it. The edges tend to be sharp and my arms got scratched a lot when I was using this case for a cheap build. Anyway this only matters when building yourself and when build comfort matters for you (I tend to buy bit more expensive cases cause I open my pc like a billion times a year :P).

-Graphics: lots of room for improvement, but I don't know what budget you have and which games you play.

Edited by DrJoske

Thanks for the feedback. The Current Rig comes to $900. My budget for present is limited at $1000. Also I am building this Rig Myself.

If you notice carefully I have kept this configuration as expandable. I play only ET for now and this $ 150 Graphics card that has a memory Bandwidth of 64 GB/s should be fine for ET. I agree that the Graphics card and RAM speed will be the first thing that I will upgrade and I feel that the CPU and Motherboard chosen by me should be good enough to support these upgrades.

Edited by Rajput