Manual Recover

Shinobi

Ia m stuck without my Etkey since I had to replace the hardrive in my laptop yet I still have my old GUID code. Is there any way I can manually imput my old GUID so I can recover/play on my old account again?

Thanks!!

SHINOBI-

GUID is the result of double hashed code of etkey file, which would not be simple in general to convert them back into etkey format (composed of several numeric fields of date/time).

It would be best for you to start anew. Generate a new ETKey and keep a backup of it from your web based email inbox like gmail/hotmail/yahoo so you avoid the same case again. :P

• Clan Friend

it's possible to do in theory, but I can't/won't help you with such things because they can be abused

anyway, you just lost your xp, right? So it's not a big deal

next time you should make a backup... is your old HD totally dead?

it's possible to do in theory, but I can't/won't help you with such things because they can be abused

anyway, you just lost your xp, right? So it's not a big deal

next time you should make a backup... is your old HD totally dead?

Nah its alright, im just going to restart.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks and youre right Sun, did some tests and your theory actually worked. I agree that this can be abused...its a security hole and shld not be shared ofc