ET is messed up. Lost GUID

M. Bulletmagnet

I was logging on to play on your site and it wanted to download and run ~~~fearlessjaymodRC1.pk3 into Jaymod. I got the error message "can't reopen pak0.pk3" and was no longer able to join the server. I renamed my current copy of the ET program folder, and reinstalled it and then copied the "profile" folders back to the new directory but I have lost my XP on all the servers I play on. Can you tell me where the guid is stored so I can move it into my new version and recover my XP?

Thanks,

Keith "M. Bulletmagnet" Williams

Edited by M. Bulletmagnet

I was logging on to play on your site and it wanted to download and run ~~~fearlessjaymodRC1.pk3 into Jaymod. I got the error message "can't reopen pak0.pk3" and was no longer able to join the server. I renamed my current copy of the ET program folder, and reinstalled it and then copied the "profile" folders back to the new directory but I have lost my XP on all the servers I play on. Can you tell me where the guid is stored so I can move it into my new version and recover my XP?

Thanks,

Keith "M. Bulletmagnet" Williams

i think the guid is stored in the etkey file in the etmain folder? dont quote me on this :P

Yep. It's "etkey" in the etmain folder. It's a great idea to make a backup of this file somewhere else (memstick, CD, external hard drive, email it to yourself, whatever).

I copied the file from the old etmain folder (the file was dated January, 2009) and replaced the one which was in the new etmain folder, but when I tried playing I still got my "new" xp rather than the "old". Is there something else that I am missing?

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the file. Thanks for the prompt response though.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about now. I used \condump guid.txt once in-game to make a textfile of my guid, and just now I looked at it and it's not the same as my etkey identification number.

I bet Dare could get it off the server logs if you asked him nicely and sent him cookies.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about now. I used \condump guid.txt once in-game to make a textfile of my guid, and just now I looked at it and it's not the same as my etkey identification number.

I bet Dare could get it off the server logs if you asked him nicely and sent him cookies.

i think you can get guid through /clientinfo or rather /pb_plist and finding yourself

and i dont think it would be the same as if you were banned based on your guid, and it were same as guid, than you could simply delte old etkey and get new one...? (lol i dunno :P)

i think you can get guid through /clientinfo or rather /pb_plist and finding yourself

and i dont think it would be the same as if you were banned based on your guid, and it were same as guid, than you could simply delte old etkey and get new one...? (lol i dunno :P)

That'll show me my current guid, which is linked to my low xp :(. I want my old guid back so I can have all my old XP on all the sites I play on. Much as I love playing on FA, I also like to play other sites, especially ones with new maps.

That'll show me my current guid, which is linked to my low xp :(. I want my old guid back so I can have all my old XP on all the sites I play on. Much as I love playing on FA, I also like to play other sites, especially ones with new maps.

ah ok. in which case...no idea sorry :(

if you are using vista a new etkey is may be created in second etmain (hidden one)

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain

AppData is hidden folder to see it you need to do this:

Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Folder Options

in the new window from the top click on View -> Advanced settings -> Scroll down and mark -> Show hidden files, folders or drives

now you can go to C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain and see if there is another etkey there. If you find another one there just copy and overwrite with your old one to this place

• Like 1

if you are using vista a new etkey is may be created in second etmain (hidden one)

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain

AppData is hidden folder to see it you need to do this:

Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Folder Options

in the new window from the top click on View -> Advanced settings -> Scroll down and mark -> Show hidden files, folders or drives

now you can go to C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain and see if there is another etkey there. If you find another one there just copy and overwrite with your old one to this place

Thanks for the hint. I'm using XP. Is the etkey the actual location of the guid?

yes

It's happened again on the new version of ET which I set up yesterday:

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\=SC=Pacman_b2.pk3 (38 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\666fun_beach_final.pk3 (72 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\5016.pk3 (1 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\2tanks_171.pk3 (210 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\2hide_cal_r1.pk3 (69 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_siegfried.pk3 (50 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_overlord_b1.pk3 (89 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_overlord.pk3 (65 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_omaha_b3.pk3 (104 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_nordwind.pk3 (74 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_huertgen.pk3 (79 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_forest.pk3 (150 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_forest.79bec72a.pk3 (76 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_cherbourg2.pk3 (118 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1944_beach.pk3 (60 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\110_factory_161.pk3 (279 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\1024Comp_final.pk3 (431 files)

C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1/etmain

----------------------

235493 files in pk3 files

recursive error 'Couldn't reopen C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\pak0.pk3' after: Game code(ui_mp_x86.dll) failed Pure Server check

while I tried to join the "xpsave" server.

any hints?