News Little change in recruiting rule for W:ET

daredevil

• Administrators

Looking at application statistics for W:ET I figured more then 60% applications are just one night stand. At the time of my posting there are more then 210 inactive applications. We first added rule of 30 minimum post required on forums to post application but then they spammed up whole forums making it boring to read. It is also more work for me to check their IP if they are previously busted or not and then check if they are active or not.

This time we are making it fairly simple. You need minimum 40K XP on any of our server. Now, considering you play on our all servers you can combine your XP.

Now getting 40K XP doesn't mean you are =F|A= member. You will still need invitation from leaders to join us.

The major reason to change rule is to avoid applications from players who just post application and then never visit back.

Enjoy!

Hint 6: you need 40k xp to post application on forums.

just noticed:rolleyes:

btw off topic:

Hint 5: Send yoyo your gf's pics xD:yahoo

Oh wow,

40K xp? Dang, thats quite alot, I only get about 10k xp in a whole week vacation, so that would take me atleast a frigging month to get 10k xp when I go back to school.

40k xp = 40000 xp ... it's not big deal if you play often at fa servers :hmm

Looking at application statistics for W:ET I figured more then 60% applications are just one night stand. At the time of my posting there are more then 210 inactive applications. We first added rule of 30 minimum post required on forums to post application but then they spammed up whole forums making it boring to read. It is also more work for me to check their IP if they are previously busted or not and then check if they are active or not.

This time we are making it fairly simple. You need minimum 40K XP on any of our server. Now, considering you play on our all servers you can combine your XP.

Now getting 40K XP doesn't mean you are =F|A= member. You will still need invitation from leaders to join us.

The major reason to change rule is to avoid applications from players who just post application and then never visit back.

Enjoy!

So people wont be able to apply,only if leaders say it to do?

So people wont be able to apply,only if leaders say it to do?

No, he means if you had already 40k it doesn't mean (once you applied) you will be automatically accepted, you still have to wait for leaders to tell you " OK your trial start from now welcome to the clan" for exmaple. in your application thread :hmm

• Administrators

Oh wow,

40K xp? Dang, thats quite alot, I only get about 10k xp in a whole week vacation, so that would take me atleast a frigging month to get 10k xp when I go back to school.

Thats the point we don't need applications who are just active for 1 week and then they are ghost. 40K XP takes around 3-6 weeks depending on how much you play.

More or less people keep spamming my xfire when I can join although they don't know any of =F|A= members much or hardly play.

Each application takes my 20 mins of time because I need to check their IP, their name on SL to see how much they are active and check in logs what they say when members are not around. We have more then 500 applications and only 30-50 where good, active, non whiny, regular and decent players.

I don't want to waist my time for all those 1 day applications.

@Husa Medic is correct.

Thats the point we don't need applications who are just active for 1 week and then they are ghost. 40K XP takes around 3-6 weeks depending on how much you play.

More or less people keep spamming my xfire when I can join although they don't know any of =F|A= members much or hardly play.

Each application takes my 20 mins of time because I need to check their IP, their name on SL to see how much they are active and check in logs what they say when members are not around. We have more then 500 applications and only 30-50 where good, active, non whiny, regular and decent players.

I don't want to waist my time for all those 1 day applications.

@Husa Medic is correct.

This is true, but basing the right of application on solely experience is bad. What if a random nerd plays ET 24/7, and gets 40K xp within 3-4 days? This also makes people whore alot more. Since they want to get that amount of xp.

On the other side of the xp thing, People who still play lots, but the less offensive class, Covert Ops, as example, gain xp much slower then medics, engineers, field ops or soldiers. Since they are range, and hitting a moving target is hard, and headshots don't kill 1 hit, so thats a big disadvantage too.

If you want, I could code you a php script that saves you time, it will consist of a database, a form to send in applications. An admin side where it shows the applications, and only 1 application per IP allowed. On the application viewer on the admin panel, it would also show their SL info. And upon denieing, or accepting, an email will be send to the applier with the message of it either being denied, or accepted. All that would be left for you would be checking the logs, and clicking accepted, or denied. I could also code in a rating system so clan members can rate the person.

• Administrators

This is true, but basing the right of application on solely experience is bad. What if a random nerd plays ET 24/7, and gets 40K xp within 3-4 days? This also makes people whore alot more. Since they want to get that amount of xp.

On the other side of the xp thing, People who still play lots, but the less offensive class, Covert Ops, as example, gain xp much slower then medics, engineers, field ops or soldiers. Since they are range, and hitting a moving target is hard, and headshots don't kill 1 hit, so thats a big disadvantage too.

If you want, I could code you a php script that saves you time, it will consist of a database, a form to send in applications. An admin side where it shows the applications, and only 1 application per IP allowed. On the application viewer on the admin panel, it would also show their SL info. And upon denieing, or accepting, an email will be send to the applier with the message of it either being denied, or accepted. All that would be left for you would be checking the logs, and clicking accepted, or denied. I could also code in a rating system so clan members can rate the person.

Thats what we want actually. We want them to play on our server and then apply. And not to apply and then play. More or less some people are just active for 1 month and then no one knows where they disappeared. If you play 1-2 hrs avg daily then you will be able to get 40K xp within 6 weeks easily and within this time they will know other members, server regulars and rules.

If someone gets 40K XP with whoring everyone will end up calling him SL whore :P

Thanks for the offer but that form application system is big fail imo. No one knows who have applied except then leaders. I want all registered users on forums to see who has applied for clan membership. Many times other clan members, server regulars, etc comment this is whiny b*** player when no admin is around. So, in the end we don't invite those players. Thats how our invitation system works. Most of the other clan invite based on just SL rating or XP level. We invite based on what other players and our members say.

When I invite someone I always check their IP and registered users from that IP on our forums :P It's build in mod for most of the forums.

I would like to know how you will be able to code this part "On the application viewer on the admin panel, it would also show their SL info." if users don't submit their SL link :confused

@Hobbit For Etpub it's small slot server so if player is good then they are noticed fairly fast. Etpub is totally based on referral based. All, we have to do their is /ma how is clayton? and if 4+ yes comes in reply clayton is invited :P

Example: b!ade, peter, matt, Fox, Bob, etc applied and everyone knows them.

@Hobbit For Etpub it's small slot server so if player is good then they are noticed fairly fast. Etpub is totally based on referral based. All, we have to do their is /ma how is clayton? and if 4+ yes comes in reply clayton is invited :P

Example: b!ade, peter, matt, Fox, Bob, etc applied and everyone knows them.

True lol. Btw, I know you wanted me to join F|A a while back, and I'll have a chance to apply once I get CoD4 in a few weeks along with a new vid card :)