• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

ET on Vmware

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

vke

vke

L6: Expert

• Co-Leader
  • 991 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:19
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:Valkyrie
  • Steam ID:STEAM_1:1:29319748
  • T-M:ET:1-0
Contributor
Does anyone know if ET 2.55 will run good on vmware? im getting a mac book for graduation and i don't want to have to run 2.60b

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
  • Xbox Live:hellreturn
  • EvolveHQ:hellreturn
  • Admin:21
  • Server:None
  • Alias:hellreturn
  • T-M:1-0
Contributor
Why not install vista on macbook? Dual boot?

As far as I am aware .55 for Mac doesn't exist. Probably someone using Mac could put some word on it.

-=Medic=-

-=Medic=-

L10: Grand Master

• Honored Veteran
  • 3,148 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:-=Medic=-
Contributor
I have macbook and i just use bootcamp included in mac os system to install windows xp, I already tested vista on it but XP will be better
Now dual boot Mac OS and Windows XP on MacBook

Read this :

Boot Camp Tutorial: Install Windows XP on Mac in 5 steps

NoGooD

NoGooD

L7: Teacher

• Clan Friend
  • 1,092 posts
Getting Better
  • Server:None

Does anyone know if ET 2.55 will run good on vmware? im getting a mac book for graduation and i don't want to have to run 2.60b

Hey ElitelJJ,

I just upgraded to the newest version of parallels with XP installed on my year old MBP. I can honestly say it's a huge difference, but dual boot would work best since you could actually make full use of the video cards

I did go from about 15fps in the older version of parallels to 54-65, and I'm only dedicating about 1GB of ram to the VM (out of 4GB).

If your talking about VMware Fusion for the Mac, then I'm sorry I can't be of much help. I've never used it. I am however pretty impressed with the new ver. of parallels. I think it dropped my CPU utilization down close to half of what it was before, not to mention the other bells and whistles.

Hope this helped 8-)

EDIT: One more thing..using parallels for Windows 7 64-bit Is awesome..up until you get to the where it says you can't install it anymore due to a .dll missing. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users