Aiming

VvwvV

Hey guys i was just wondering if i could post a demo of me playing would you guys watch it and tell me how to improve and such? because i am averaging around 29 percent accuracy which is horrbile and want it to go higher. thanks :)

here is the demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?qz8otx7304iyaww

Edited by VvwvV

48+% acc is no big problem in a pub server. It's not what you need to win tho. Headshotacc is what you want!

Try to know where the people come from, use the corners to pick their heads. Take people one at a time.

Get a good mouse that is easy to handle like MX512 or any other gaming mouse (20$ gets you set up)

Get a decent, no clutter, no shit config, something simple. Too bad i deleted mine.

Use rather slow sensitivity, you should be able to do a 180, no more.

Go look for "Aiming by Raziel" on google, it's an aiming guide.

Practice on etpro server.

Play scrims

Dont play Jaymod, if you want to gain SOME skill play at least the hardcore server when it's not full (10 v 10 is ideal for aiming practice in general) an ETpro server (TZAC) is even better (~Google it)

Play max 3 maps in a row, then do something else.

Talk ingame with people, it diverts the mind a bit but it will keep you sharp.

Dont prac against Bots, thats retarded.

for 15$ an hour i can make you go 80-10 on the hardcore server 2 out of 5 maps in 2 months, guaranteed. ;)

Saw your demo, I could give advice but I will PM you the advice because most likely some people will call me an ego for saying such tips

EGOOOOO xDDD

lowering sens is usually the first step :P

Edited by cTRL-krAzy

• Clan Friend

I can only give you some tips, since I am not that pro, I don't wanna make you think that I believe I'm much better than you by giving you tips :P

I post it here so maybe someone else could find these tips useful.

(and btw nq is such a crappy mod, man you can't even /cg_thirdperson 1 while watching a demo ffs, I wanted to check how you moved but no, to see your strafe I had to watch the demo from your opponents pov, nub mod is nub.)

Anyway, after watching the demo I can say:

- Always aim at head level, even when there isn't an enemy you should aim in advance at the place where (most likely) an enemy could appear. (Take into account your reaction time as well, i.e. don't aim exactly at the corner, because when your brain will react your opponent will be already a bit past the corner)

Your gamesense should tell you if you are somewhat safe, or if you are in a dangerous area. In that case you should always aim in advance at corners and common camping spots.

Your accuracy depends on that too, you need to hit first, and possibly hit the head. I also mean the positions you take when you fight.

If you are in a good position and you surprise the enemy you are going to have a higher accuracy if compared to ramboing around without even aiming at head level when you approach a corner.

- I see you rarely crouch during fights. Crouching (even just tapping c with some pattern) is vital to control bullet spread.

Don't just stand and spray, keep in mind that only the 1st bullets are accurate, unless you crouch. You should tap crouch every now and then to reduce your spread, and learn a good pattern, timing and combination of crouch, stand, sprint and strafe.

Play a bit with cg_crosshairpulse 1 and see your weapon spread increasing, try to keep it low.

- don't reload too much, sometimes I see you reloading without reason only for a copule of bullets, bad habit.

- What's your cg_fov? A couple of times you bumped into corners while running, maybe you have a low cg_fov so you don't have enough peripheral vision, that hurts your movement, but if you have a high cg_fov enemies are smaller, so that might hurt your long range fights. You need to find a compromise.

- you mouse movement is not smooth, I think your sensitivity is not optimal, sometimes I have the impression that it's too low, but it's hard to tell. It can be too high with a poor mouse/mousepad/technique.

I don't know which mouse and mousepad you use, but you need to sort out that uneven movement, even when you gammajump I see your mouse doesn't move smoothly. Maybe you have too much friction between your mouse feet and pad?

- a bit of trickjumping, especially gammajumps (possibly not halfbeat because movements are 2 small), could improve your mouse control and eventually your aim as well

• Like 1

I can only give you some tips, since I am not that pro, I don't wanna make you think that I believe I'm much better than you by giving you tips :P

I post it here so maybe someone else could find these tips useful.

(and btw nq is such a crappy mod, man you can't even /cg_thirdperson 1 while watching a demo ffs, I wanted to check how you moved but no, to see your strafe I had to watch the demo from your opponents pov, nub mod is nub.)

Anyway, after watching the demo I can say:

- Always aim at head level, even when there isn't an enemy you should aim in advance at the place where (most likely) an enemy could appear. (Take into account your reaction time as well, i.e. don't aim exactly at the corner, because when your brain will react your opponent will be already a bit past the corner)

Your gamesense should tell you if you are somewhat safe, or if you are in a dangerous area. In that case you should always aim in advance at corners and common camping spots.

Your accuracy depends on that too, you need to hit first, and possibly hit the head. I also mean the positions you take when you fight.

If you are in a good position and you surprise the enemy you are going to have a higher accuracy if compared to ramboing around without even aiming at head level when you approach a corner.

- I see you rarely crouch during fights. Crouching (even just tapping c with some pattern) is vital to control bullet spread.

Don't just stand and spray, keep in mind that only the 1st bullets are accurate, unless you crouch. You should tap crouch every now and then to reduce your spread, and learn a good pattern, timing and combination of crouch, stand, sprint and strafe.

Play a bit with cg_crosshairpulse 1 and see your weapon spread increasing, try to keep it low.

- don't reload too much, sometimes I see you reloading without reason only for a copule of bullets, bad habit.

- What's your cg_fov? A couple of times you bumped into corners while running, maybe you have a low cg_fov so you don't have enough peripheral vision, that hurts your movement, but if you have a high cg_fov enemies are smaller, so that might hurt your long range fights. You need to find a compromise.

- you mouse movement is not smooth, I think your sensitivity is not optimal, sometimes I have the impression that it's too low, but it's hard to tell. It can be too high with a poor mouse/mousepad/technique.

I don't know which mouse and mousepad you use, but you need to sort out that uneven movement, even when you gammajump I see your mouse doesn't move smoothly. Maybe you have too much friction between your mouse feet and pad?

- a bit of trickjumping, especially gammajumps (possibly not halfbeat because movements are 2 small), could improve your mouse control and eventually your aim as well

- Cg_crosshairpulse 0

- use a red or white small dot as xhair

- reload whenever your gamesens says it's possible, you need all your bullets.

- crouching is really good if you're getting no counter-fire. in combat it harder (but possible aswell), enemies hit your head more often.

- bind crouch to shift or control, and the one that needs to be pressed down to be crouched. (and bind sprint to mouse3 or so, somewhere)

the rest are some good tips indeed :)

• Clan Friend

- Cg_crosshairpulse 0

I told him to try Cg_crosshairpulse 1 to see his spread, and learn how to control it, I didn't mean using it on a regular basis.

About reloading, I don't know if you actually watched his demo, but reloading after shooting 1-2 bullets? With a full clip?

Crouching, I don't know, maybe I crouch too much, everyone has a different style :)

Another thing I forgot to tell him, when you gammajump/strafejump use crouch jumping (hold c or whatever key you use while in the air), because it lowers your bodybox, and it improves your accuracy a bit in case (it shouldn't happen, because shooting while jumping is bad, but you never know) you suddenly have to shoot while you are in the air

- Cg_crosshairpulse 0

- use a red or white small dot as xhair

- crouching is really good if you're getting no counter-fire. in combat it harder (but possible aswell), enemies hit your head more often.

- bind crouch to shift or control, and the one that needs to be pressed down to be crouched. (and bind sprint to mouse3 or so, somewhere)

the rest are some good tips indeed :)

/!\

gg wp

Ye thanks guys but like the aiming by raziel, i tried that and i cant keep my mouse on the wall and like crouching, whenever i do i feel like i get killed more often

But thanks anyways to all of you:)

Also: http://fearless-assa...nemy-territory/

And try to change these things at your cfg(you can focus better at enemies and to aiming):

seta cg_atmosphericEffects "0" (toggles display of map effects like rain and snow)

seta cg_bloodFlash "0" (toggles the blood effect when you are shot)

seta cg_bobpitch "0" (sets extent of the bob pitch (forwards/backwards) effect when moving)

seta cg_bobroll "0" (sets extent of the bob roll (left/right) effect when moving)

seta cg_bobup "0" (sets extent of the vertical "bob" effect when moving)

seta cg_bobyaw "0" (sets extent of the "bob" yaw (turn left/right) effect when moving)

seta cg_brassTime "0" (sets the duration ejected bullet shells etc last for)

seta cg_coronas "0" (toggles the corona effect around lights)

seta cg_crosshairPulse "0" (toggles the crosshair changing size according to bullet spread)

seta cg_muzzleFlash "0" (when set to 1, first-person muzzleflash is drawn, valid values: 0, 1)

seta cg_noVoiceChats "1" (toggles the audio of voice chats)

seta cg_runpitch "0" (see cg_bobpitch)

seta cg_runroll "0" (see cg_bobroll)

seta cg_showblood "0" (toggles showing blood spurt effect when player's are shot)

seta cg_teamChatHeight "3" (number of rows of chats)

seta cg_wolfparticles "0" (toggles display of particle effects, e.g. explosions, some smoke effects)

seta b_numpopups "5" (for etpro only, controls the number of popup messages on the HUD, -1 = default, 0 = disable popups, n = number of popups)

seta cg_numpopups "5" (controls the number of popup messages on the HUD, -1 = default, 0 = disable popups, n = number of popups)

seta r_drawfoliage "0" (toggles drawing foliage, e.g. all the grass on Radar)

seta r_drawsun "0" (toggles drawing the image of the sun in the sky)

seta r_fastsky "1" (toggles wether the detailed skybox is drawn or just a basic sky)

seta r_flares "0" (toggle flare effect around certain dynamic lights)

In case you are not familiar with cfg's, go to your ET folder, find etmain, open it and find etconfig.cfg(if you are not using any other cfg). You could either open the etconfig.cfg by doubleclicking it and opening it with Wordpress, or just create a new cfg file:

1. Open etconfig.cfg. Press ctrl+f to open searchbar and type first cvar there. You will save time, no need to find all of those cvars inside the messy etconfig.cfg ;) Then just change the value of that cvar if it isn't right already. Once you have changed the values, open ET and at in-game execute it: open console by pressing §/½(button under esc and left to 1). Type /exec etconfig.cfg. You might need to do vid_restart after that: just type /vid_restart to console to take effect of all those r_settings.

OR

2. Create a new cfg file. Mouse2-->New-->txt file. Copy&paste those cvars in, save it and finally change the .txt to .cfg. If you can't edit the .txt to .cfg by renaming it(mouse2-->rename), do this: http://windows.micro...name-extensions (also with pictures but in finnish: http://neko.kapsi.fi...tunnisteet.html). After you have created a new cfg file, open ET and at in-game execute it: open console by pressing §/½(button under esc and left to 1). Type /exec yourfilename.cfg. You might need to do vid_restart after that: just type /vid_restart to console to take effect of all those r_settings.

Edited by BossHK

• Clan Friend

Ye thanks guys but like the aiming by raziel, i tried that and i cant keep my mouse on the wall and like crouching, whenever i do i feel like i get killed more often

- As regards aiming by Raziel:

If you can't do it (almost) perfectly, I mean that left-right strafe while keeping your xhair 'glued' on some small object, then you need to try different mouse sensitivities, or check the friction between your mouse and pad, till you find the one that is easier to handle.

Of course not all people have the same level of coordination we can't be all pros, but if you try different things you can certainly improve

And that doesn't mean you will be pro, I can track that thing almost perfectly and I'm low :D

By the way, et is not only tracking (imho) even point and shoot style aim is important, so check BossHK's video when he aims quickly at different objects, it's very useful together with Raziel's method (check his link in the post above)

- About crouching, I don't mean that you need to crouch all the time without moving like a sitting duck, but you need to control your weapon spread a bit, or you will never have a high accuracy, if your bullets are random you won't hit even if you aim well.

I am not a pro either, I am just new with ET also. I am not sure my post would be of help to you or to others as well as I seldom reach that 28% shooting accuracy that you mentioned. Maybe you can pick up some good points from above and below.

I want to share to you (for others maybe) that whenever you found your most convenient mouse sensitivity using the above ideas, I could say you could practice more and more on that mouse sensitivity settings along with your hand reactions. So that when you swerve your mouse to left or right, your hand pulses can have a feel or "remember" that feel of mouse movement (say 1 inch or 50 cm without technically measuring the length of your swerving movement) and remember that sudden mouse movement. Because reaction time is also important at the least possible seconds. Aim for HS or bodyshot as quickly as possible that is. I am not saying I am able to do this so far :P And when youre there or your cursor aim is at HS or neck, start moving a little by little (smoothly but agressively) until you get to aim for HS and frag the person faster than your enemy can do.

Be mindful of the "hit box" sounds when you hit them, that's the "points way" to follow aiming thru. Because at times, I am taking consideration that most enemies in the game have lower ping and lower latency to gaming server compared to mine.

There are lots of moments that I assumed enemies are always sitting there waiting for you at hot spots (objective locations) and/or blind curve like caves, and prepare for a good aim before an enemy appears :P So that, your next ultimate task would just be clicking your fire button :P Goodluck.