Who believes in man-made global warming??

Salieri

I believe mankind IS THE MAIN REASON for global warming.I quote from wikipedia:"Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, and scientists are more than 90% certain that most of it is caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases produced by human activities such as deforestation and the burning of fossil fuels."

I believe we're definitely contributing to the accelerated rate of climate change. So many natural causes are effecting it too, so I don't think it's entirely man-made, but the immediate threat is caused by our contributions undoubtedly. Anyone who says it's bogus is just ignorant.

Man made? So that the sole reason is man? There is no way. A contributor of course. The real question is whether our contribution is notable or neglect-able.

The earth and Sun go in cycles of heating and cooling. So of course the earth will get hotter and colder and actually this has to do with the Sun's cycle. The hottest points in the earth's cycle actually max the hottest points in the Sun's cycle.

Another thing to keep into account, they have not had that much time to find results to show that our contribution actually makes a difference. Using a statistical analysis, there are not enough data to prove or disprove our contribution to global warming. For example, looking at the difference in a survey of 20 people compared to 20 million people. The survey of the 20 million people will be accurate, but the survey of the 20 ppl will not be accurate.

Further more, 50 years ago they were predicting a global cooling and that we were going into an ice age. So I would bet money on it, that in 50 years they will say something different again.

In conclusion, whether global warming is real or not and whether or not it is a threat, we should still do research into using alternative resources for energy and propulsion (for cars, aircraft, ships, spacecraft). Not to reverse the effect of global warming, but for the goal of being more efficient in our use and further development of everything is around us. No one knows for sure whether or not our resource reserves will end (if they even will end) and when they will end. But global warming should NOT be the driving force or the motivation for new research into new technologies.

Edited by ajnl
  • Like 1

Man made? So that the sole reason is man? There is no way. A contributor of course. The real question is whether our contribution is notable or neglect-able.

The earth and Sun go in cycles of heating and cooling. So of course the earth will get hotter and colder and actually this has to do with the Sun's cycle. The hottest points in the earth's cycle actually max the hottest points in the Sun's cycle.

Another thing to keep into account, they have not had that much time to find results to show that our contribution actually makes a difference. Using a statistical analysis, there are not enough data to prove or disprove our contribution to global warming. For example, looking at the difference in a survey of 20 people compared to 20 million people. The survey of the 20 million people will be accurate, but the survey of the 20 ppl will not be accurate.

Further more, 50 years ago they were predicting a global cooling and that we were going into an ice age. So I would bet money on it, that in 50 years they will say something different again.

In conclusion, whether global warming is real or not and whether or not it is a threat, we should still do research into using alternative resources for energy and propulsion (for cars, aircraft, ships, spacecraft). Not to reverse the effect of global warming, but for the goal of being more efficient in our use and further development of everything is around us. No one knows for sure whether or not our resource reserves will end (if they even will end) and when they will end. But global warming should NOT be the driving force or the motivation for new research into new technologies.

Yeah that about sums it up. Lol thats pretty much what I was gonna say. We are entering a solar max right now. The sun has been going through alot of weird changes too in the past few years. But your brains are so much more malable to the government if they can scare you and make you rely on them to help you. Like coopins for new electric cars!!! That charge out of your garage wall...from electricity made by coal powered electric plants that spew more smoke and crap out than your normal old automobile. I can't say the last time I've seen billows of car exhaust fumes from a distance.

As whacked out as alot of these conspiracy theories are... I'm still gonna be on the edge of my seat Dec 21st... lets all hope it's nothing spectacular.

I believe we're definitely contributing to the accelerated rate of climate change. So many natural causes are effecting it too, so I don't think it's entirely man-made, but the immediate threat is caused by our contributions undoubtedly. Anyone who says it's bogus is just ignorant.

this said it for me, agreed entirely.

I wouldn't say that it is arrogant to say that global warming is nothing more than a cycle and not something we can effect. Especially considering how little we know and how much scientists think they know. That is arrogance, thinking we know what exactly is going on or thinking we know more than what we do.

We have spent a very short time on this planet. We know teetee about it. But it seems like the solar cycle this time around is gonna be a bad one. Or good one depending on how you look at it.

I live on a farm so losing big chunks of the power grid wouldnt hurt me too much. People would actually have to stop txting and qatching tv!!! Ohhhhh nooooooooooo!!!!! Lol

I believe that I do not have enough information to form a real opinion on the matter, but I think that it is a possibility. We do put off tons of greenhouse gasses that affect our environment.

• Like 1

I believe that I do not have enough information to form a real opinion on the matter, but I think that it is a possibility. We do put off tons of greenhouse gasses that affect our environment.

I think this is the best answer I've ever heard for this question. "I do not have enough information". Which is the truth, no one has enough information.