shared graphic, help please

stabak

ok here is my problem,

Laptop without direct 3d graphics card :P

i have added the string "+set r_allowSoftwareGL 1" to the desktop link,

game is starting, and then it runs in a 1 second frequenc. like 1 second - 1 frame

so if you have experience with this, i would be happy.

Argh I had this exact same problem at some point - I guess ET wasn't seeing my graphics card - but I have no idea how I sorted it :/

EDIT: I looked it up and so far only one reasonible response - r_depthbits 32 sometimes causes it, so put it to 24..

Not that I know a lot about ET, but software GL has actually always a terrible performance. What not-3d-card do you have? Even an Intel Integrated GPU is better than software GL, generally speaking. And yes, pretty much every (crappy) GPU will even support hardware GL, that is, I've never encountered one which didn't.

What will happen if you set r_allowSoftwareGL 0? Will ET not start?

What will happen if you set r_allowSoftwareGL 0? Will ET not start? THIS, otherwise i would not use it

did you download directx ? no, but instaled :P

Hmz, that is weird. That DirectX won't run is one thing, but hardware OpenGL won't run is quite strange.

What are the specs of your laptop (manufacturer, type, cpu, chipset (northbridge), GPU?, OS, year?)?. Because if you're not-existing graphics device even can't render OpenGL -which I doubt-, I actually think your CPU is incapable of achieving over 1FPS.

Hmz, that is weird. That DirectX won't run is one thing, but hardware OpenGL won't run is quite strange.

What are the specs of your laptop (manufacturer, type, cpu, chipset (northbridge), GPU?, OS, year?)?. Because if you're not-existing graphics device even can't render OpenGL -which I doubt-, I actually think your CPU is incapable of achieving over 1FPS.

I have tested it on 3 PCs. its always the same.

hardware open gl is running fine on my main pc, but if i switch to software open gl its the same problem. (my main pc is a quad core with ati Radeon 5850. so normaly it should handle it.)

Yeah, because software OpenGL is pure crap and only used as a backwards compatibility, not for gaming.

What a normal GPU would do parallel, like, drawing, your CPU has to do it then which will be sequentially. You should focus on avoiding software OpenGL rather than checking why it is so slow.

yes, its a intel 82852/82855 gm/gme graphics controller.

it can only run with software open gl that is the reson why i want to use it on this

The 82852 / 82855 supports OpenGL! See http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel852gm/sb/cs-009058.htm Have you installed the graphics drivers? (see: http://downloadcente...ntroller+Family) Because, I'll say it again, softwareGL should always be avoided. Furthermore, pretty much every GPU (including yours) is capable of running hardware OpenGL.