ET DemoView Edition - Enemy Territory Software

SunLight

• Clan Friend

In the latest version, 'A' activates shownormals 6 or 7, which now looks like r_showtris.

the color is taken from r_triscolor format (r g b alpha) with all 4 ranging from 0 to 1

for instance, opaque green could be (alpha = 1):

/r_triscolor "0 1 0 1"

If you type

/r_triscolor "0 1 0 0.1"

it's still green, but more transparent. If alpha is 0 you won't probably see anything at all, check your r_triscolor value maybe?

Other than this, I can't think of a reason at the moment. Which mod is the demo recorded with?

---

As regards the problem with loading, I would like to know if it's the Windows version or the Linux version, and if there is a specific error message.

You need to run it from an ET installation folder, i.e. where et.exe is.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

How to rewind?

Type 

/demo

and press tab for more commands. You'll see

/demo_timeseek 

/demo_seekrelative

/demo_seeksvtime

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

It'd be even better if you could upload it to GitHub (if you worked on that using git or svn it shouldn't be a big deal to import the project and keep changes tree). There's still some space for improvements in your project and I thought I could look into it when having some free time. As it's pointless to start from scratch, your original work would be really helpful.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend
On 1/30/2016 at 11:30 AM, Dragonji said:

It'd be even better if you could upload it to GitHub (if you worked on that using git or svn it shouldn't be a big deal to import the project and keep changes tree). There's still some space for improvements in your project and I thought I could look into it when having some free time. As it's pointless to start from scratch, your original work would be really helpful.

Here is the code.

demoviewer_code.zip  == 0-byte download now == Edited December 4, 2018 by RedBaird.

SunLight-demoviewer_code.zip  By permission of @SunLight Re-upload of file downloaded 2/5/18 by RedBaird

What would you like to improve, just curious

Edited by RedBaird
re-attached source-code file
  • Thanks 1

The program is great help for watching demos and I have used it alot. Just a minor improvement I was missing was the fact that it'd be great to be able to rewind/forward 10 - 30 seconds by pressing some buttons (like the arrow keys for example). Lazy man doesn't like to type :D

What would you like to improve, just curious

It could contain a GUI in which you could select your demo files, maybe even have a playlist and it would automatically run the demo replay with proper parameters so there's no need to run the instance of the engine manually and select everything in-game. I think it would simplify watching demos and save some time.

BTW, I can't download your attachment, it says "You do not have permission to view this attachment."

It could contain a GUI in which you could select your demo files, maybe even have a playlist and it would automatically run the demo replay with proper parameters so there's no need to run the instance of the engine manually and select everything in-game. I think it would simplify watching demos and save some time.

BTW, I can't download your attachment, it says "You do not have permission to view this attachment."

That's a bug with the forum, atm. If you're using chrome right click and view in incognito.

• 2 years later...
  • Leader
1 minute ago, Neuro said:

Hey, anyone have luck running this on a mac?

You probably know all about the various Windows-on-Macs methods 5 Ways to Run Windows Software on a Mac

If your problem is that you get an error that implies that you tried to connect to a server when you actually tried to view a demo, that has become a 'normal glitch' for me.  I just have to try a second time without exiting ET and it works okay :D  I suspect that some Windows internals that this program depends on have changed in the last 6.5 years, but not so badly that it is 'broken'.

@RedBaird I use Wine for playing ET. So far when I try to install this program "et_demoview_1_4" program, I'm having issues. Not sure what's happening but here is the ss of what happens in the end of installing:

739716440_ScreenShot2018-12-04at00_51_56.thumb.png.8b15f166b98124af8609bd59703711a1.png

• Leader
3 minutes ago, Neuro said:

I try to install this program "et_demoview_1_4"

In Windows, I unzipped the .zip file and put the resulting ET_DemoView_1.4.exe into my ProgramFiles/ Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory folder.  From there, it should find all the files that it needs, including ET.exe , the default.cfg.  I made a shortcut to that .exe file and run it from elsewhere.

You seem to be executing the demoview in your Z: drive .  I that where you have ET installed? Your SS shows the program looking in z:\/etmain for its files. That "Z:\/", with slashes in both directions, looks odd.  Is that what you see when you run ET?

Looking inside ET.exe, it does contain the text-lines of

exec default.cfg

Couldn't load default.cfg - I am missing essential files - verify your installation?

It looks like DemoViewer is executing ET.exe, but ET cannot find its files in ETmain.  In windows it is not necessary to actually "install" the program. 

6 hours ago, RedBaird said:

If your problem is that you get an error that implies that you tried to connect to a server when you actually tried to view a demo, that has become a 'normal glitch' for me.  I just have to try a second time without exiting ET and it works okay :D  I suspect that some Windows internals that this program depends on have changed in the last 6.5 years, but not so badly that it is 'broken'.

I think it's a Jaymod bug, actually. Every time I view a Jaymod demo (in normal ET), I get the same bug.

• Like 1