Admin level issue

Seaside

My admin level on hardcore is gone and it's really annoying because i can't do my admin job correctly.

Some members already tried to set it up but didn't succeed.

I updated my guid, saved my etkey in my etmain files, and someone told me to update pb so i could get my admin level back, i don't know how to update it, can someone help me there? That would be much appreciated.

Oh and i have vista. And I already tried to use pb update programm, but ET doesn't appear on the game list anymore so i can not update it from this programm even though Medic had made a great tutorial of it.

Thank you

So is your guid working? I mean, is your XP saved at hardcore?

If so, then your level can be set without problems. Hidden guid? Strange... But I guess, if you add your guid on your profile here on the forum,

a leader or founder could help you then by using !useredit to set your level. Hiden guid or not, should work then...

HC xp is based on silent GUID which has nothing to do with etkey. You are not the first to run into this problem, please read this tracker report: http://fearless-assassins.com/tracker/issue-604-admin-level-please/page__gopid__1665?do=findComment&comment=1665

Updating PB has no sense, since PB is disabled on our server since 011 October.

• Like 1

HC xp is based on silent GUID which has nothing to do with etkey. You are not the first to run into this problem, please read this tracker report: http://fearless-assa..._1665#entry1665

Updating PB has no sense, since PB is disabled on our server since 011 October.

Ok, glad it's not pb. I read this tracker report... I'm not sure about what i have to do.

Do I have to follow those steps? If yes.. I don't know how to do them :unsure:

1. Obtain PB GUID from a protected admin

2. Connect his server using new, previously unknown silEnT GUID

(3) - server will update the user record to the new silent GUID based on PB GUID

4. The attacker can not authenticate to have admin privileges, but now holds the record with his own silent guid

5. change PB GUID and connect again

(6) - server will update the PB GUID in the record to the new pb guid

(7) - server cannot identify the real admin anymore and the real admin does not know any values needed for identification, thus forcing him to change both PB GUID and silent GUID to new and unknown values, also keeping them both secret from everyone else

Did you do pb_cl_enable after copying your guid? If yes what os are you running?

Yes, i did. And ja I have vista

Warning: you will lose your XP.

Just make sure your etkey is in etmain, then delete silent.dat from your silent folder. Open ET, and type /cl_guid - if it shows a GUID, go on ahead and connect to hardcore. If it doesn't show a GUID, then do /pb_cl_enable; pb_system 1; pb_writecfg; cl_guid - now it should show a GUID, so go on and connect to hardcore.

From that point on, your !finger info will reflect your current GUID (and a new silent GUID)

I have a theory I been working on please let me know if this works.

1. Backup your current etkey so you don't have to update it again
  2. Uninstall your current ET installation (I recommend you restart after to stop any current PB that is running, just loggin off might work)
  3. Install this ET installer from etkey.org which will update all your ET files to current versions including PB
  4. Replace your etkey and try to join (Ask an admin if your PBGUID is now showing up in !list)
  5. If all is well please message me or another co-leader to setup your new etkey levels, as I dont think your new etkey has levels.

I had the same issue twice in the past month after I reformatted and my conclusion is that somehow not sure why, but the old PB services that come bundled with default installation are not starting up any longer, I know PB is not running but I think with the new updated Silent Mod, somehow it is needed to grab your pbguid. Odd, but this has worked for me, hope it helps.

Just make sure your etkey is in etmain, then delete silent.dat from your silent folder. Open ET, and type /cl_guid - if it shows a GUID, go on ahead and connect to hardcore. If it doesn't show a GUID, then do /pb_cl_enable; pb_system 1; pb_writecfg; cl_guid - now it should show a GUID, so go on and connect to hardcore.

From that point on, your !finger info will reflect your current GUID (and a new silent GUID)

This is what helped me last time my admin was lost on HC & Silent

I tried this and it worked fine for me!! Thank you Chuckun sor making it clear and easy! And for setting my level.

I'm sorry I didn't try your way Novice

• Like 1