Custom built problems

Elf

Hello!

I Built my new computer last Jan and Feb. First it was running great, getting back on ET, the computer running windows 7. How I installed ET? I copied the whole program and files on to a DVD from my old computer, then I pasted it to the desktop on the new computer. No problems yet for a few days, then it happened! The blue screens came on ever day, like 3 times a day! Agh! But after like a month saying Memory errors and with checking the Ram, it's doing fine now. Ran Ram check and installed a new ram card. I hope it's all over, also I updated the BIOS too. So I'm back and playing ET again this last week. If it starts up again taking it over to my friends house.

New System

Mother board gigabyte 970

Amd FX 6100

Video ati 6870 1 gb

16gb of Memory

1tb hard drive

blue ray dvd

sony card reader

cooler master midtower, with 5 fans.

Saved up the money for a month and buying the parts.

Dan

(ELF)

750 watts power

Running between 15 and 17c idle

and 23 to 25 on ET too. lol

No overclocking on the FX 6100.

And thanks for the help too, :)

Dan

Edited by PurpleElf

You need to check your memory timings and voltage going to the memory. After you verify those are correct, you should download Memtest (google it) and burn it to a CD. It will check every sector of your RAM modules to make sure they are not defective. If they are defective, you can RMA them back to the manufacturer.

If that does not work there is a stability test for the CPU called LinX and one for GPU's called FurMark. I'd recommend running those if you can't find an issue with your memory. Also, if you are not running enough volts to a particular component, it will blue screen/instantly crash. Your processor may need more than someone else's with the same CPU.

Great info!!! Thanks again guys! I will go check the BIOS and get the memtest, too.

Thanks again for your help!

Dan

damn blue screen that really suck i had the same problem... uhmm i thought it was the ram... then i saw that the silicone grease was dry... and i was like.. omg T_T! i changed and now work 100% :)

u have 16gb of memory with what frequency? (I'm jealous lol)

I had 2 blue screens the other day, I did teh memtest turned out good, and I all ready pulled out one ram card ... its 1600 fq

Yeah I been on here every day, i'm shown inactive??? hum.... can anybody put me active again lol. thank you.