Musicians- Post your playing here

docwarren

Hey folks. I haven't posted here in a while, but I thought i'd share one of the covers I've done recently. please note, I've only been playing for about 4 years on guitar and 2-3 on bass (very infrequently) so I've simplified a lot of this and there's a few mistakes still kicking around. In any case, I just did it for fun, so i hope you like it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BUQ__MtcW8

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Ok took me along time to get up the nerve to post this as I am generally not very confident in my abilities. I recorded this one night on my phone sitting in my office at work. I had very rudimentary lessons in the mid 90's but for the most part self taught with no, repeat no vocal abilities what so ever. I apologize in advance if my voice causes ear damage, vomiting, diarrhea, stroke, heart attack, dog howling, cat screeching or death. Lol

• Like 4

with no, repeat no vocal abilities what so ever. I apologize in advance if my voice causes ear damage, vomiting, diarrhea, stroke, heart attack, dog howling, cat screeching or death. Lol

Well, it's a Bob Dylan song, so I'm sure you can get away with being a little out of tune. Haha. 

Good stuff, btw.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I think this is a great thread! Musicians encouraging one another, I love it!

I guess this would be more directed at Bass Players, but if there are any I would love to chat with you. I run a company called Bass Players United.

Cheers -  Adam.

• 2 weeks later...

"Dee" By Randy Rhoads

Recorded this a very long time ago. Randy Rhoads is one of my fav musicians. I first heard this little piece on the Randy Rhoads Tribute album. The Audio is very quiet and to be honest I didn't play it very well at all but what the hey. Also gave myself a little clap at the start for a bit of fun. Turn it up!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've seen a lot of good works, you people are amazing :D

I'd like to share with you my band's newest song, I'll be pleased with your feedback :)

If you liked it feel free to explore our channel, there isn't very mutch content, but maybe you will like some other songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSHjPxSRX5I

PS. I play only bass, so it's mostly my friends' work, but even though I want to share this with you :v

• Like 1

"Dee" By Randy Rhoads

Nice cover man, "Dee" is definitely a tough piece to play. Randy is one of my favorite guitarist as well. His solo on "Mr.Crowley" (After Hours Special) was (imo) one of the greatest rock solos in history. A top class musician that died way too soon.

• Like 1

Hey, I've seen a lot of good works, you people are amazing :D

I'd like to share with you my band's newest song, I'll be pleased with your feedback :)

If you liked it feel free to explore our channel, there isn't very mutch content, but maybe you will like some other songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSHjPxSRX5I

PS. I play only bass, so it's mostly my friends' work, but even though I want to share this with you :v

Sounds great. Would love to repost it after running it through my mastering gear to test myself and maybe give you a grin. Would you mind?

• Like 1

Sounds great. Would love to repost it after running it through my mastering gear to test myself and maybe give you a grin. Would you mind?

Not at all, I'm courious what you can do :)

Honestly I'm not happy with that mastering, but it's just a promo song, for pubs and bars to hear what in fact we play.

Not at all, I'm courious what you can do :)

Honestly I'm not happy with that mastering, but it's just a promo song, for pubs and bars to hear what in fact we play.

So naturally I couldn't isolate the tracks but I ran it through a Master Limiter and Spent some time on ReaEQ and this is how it came out.