make money playing games

doctor-ray

lol joske, i never used bots n dont want to get banned n the thing i made money with u need atleast a lvl 110+ account, so skiller doesnt work anyways

woodcutting ftw: high enough to chop yew logs in a couple of hour ^^

yew trees: 600gp each: makes a couple m a day / bot (and I know people using 15 skiller bots with 99 wc : never banned)

easy money: just setting up the bots in different worlds, once everything is set up, you just have to sell in gp on e-bay

(ps. pretty sure there are bots that auto grand exchange (or something) can do, it's ideal location there : near the yew logs)

anyway I'm just saying what many others do, never tried it myself...

my point is: with this against the rules stuff, you could make a lot of money (back in the days I played rs, a friend of me sold 1 m for 10euro) 'gaming'

Progaming seems more fun than just grinding at an MMO, tho in the end you spend huge amount of time keeping yourself competitive. Downside is you already have to be a top tier player in the game to get paid for doing it (and to win prizes on tournaments) or to just be noticed. Starcraft is a prime example of it.

I've known at-home console game testers to be paid handsomely for testing out games and voicing opinions / complaints / bugs etc direct to the producers..

But they were lucky f***s offered these great jobs in the 90's and thus earned a reputation.. Now, I highly doubt you can enter that kinda thing and earn good money from it.

If you have a computer degree, then you have a good chance of getting a job being a game tester. I know this because my sisters boyfriend is one. He graduated last year with a Computer Science degree and now works for Bioware :) I've talked to him and he says he gets to test the games, his main job is to report bugs and try and fix them and gets paid pretty well for it!

I know a site where you can get money JUST for texting, I think 100 texts is like $5.00

What site is that, cause I easily send 100 texts in day, without a problem. :P

• Like 1

If you have a computer degree, then you have a good chance of getting a job being a game tester. I know this because my sisters boyfriend is one. He graduated last year with a Computer Science degree and now works for Bioware :) I've talked to him and he says he gets to test the games, his main job is to report bugs and try and fix them and gets paid pretty well for it!

You'll have to test the same thing a lot. I know people who worked for companies in game development, and their reason to stop working and continue college was because the developing was boring. You have to edit/modify those small things often: The sound a few milliseconds earlier or later, color changed; that are bugs that you'll have to notice and change; those aren't interesting bugs.

If you like gaming and are good in mathematics and software engineering, better start become a developer. It doesn't pay a lot (unless for Blizzard probably, but don't count yourself a millionaire) but it's fun. And not that one that has to do interfacing where most bugs come from, but the real background engine. That is fun.

For a recent educational project of me we had to develop a ray tracer, I together with someone with a lot more experience in 3D graphics/visualization. And trust me, working on the background mathematics is way more fun than making sure that a single button does exactly the right thing, adding functionality which no-one cares about except if it's not working, things like that.

If you play Starcraft2 or League of Legends and are good, like platinum or gold ranked; you can have a live stream on own3d.tv and make money off of ads.