make money playing games

doctor-ray

Yes they exists, no it will cost you your entire life.

Generally, unless you're the top 10 of a small country (e.g., The Netherlands with 17M people), you won't make money out of it. Perhaps sufficient that you get payed for joining a competition, but sufficient to support your life, no. And that first one will cost you more than 40h a week of practice.

Better find a job that you like and which actually pays you.

• Like 2

I've known at-home console game testers to be paid handsomely for testing out games and voicing opinions / complaints / bugs etc direct to the producers..

But they were lucky f***s offered these great jobs in the 90's and thus earned a reputation.. Now, I highly doubt you can enter that kinda thing and earn good money from it.

Lets put it this way, there is no easy way to make money by playing games.

I think you'd have a better chance of learning how to code and making apple/android apps. then selling them.

haha I made a lot money playing runescape... made 100million cash in 3 days and sell it to some guy in China for 50 euros through paypal

Gaming to get paid for it! Oyeah! haha, I did that for a few weeks until I got bored of it lol

It's against the rules of runescape, but how are they supposed to find that out lol :]

haha I made a lot money playing runescape... made 100million cash in 3 days and sell it to some guy in China for 50 euros through paypal

Gaming to get paid for it! Oyeah! haha, I did that for a few weeks until I got bored of it lol

It's against the rules of runescape, but how are they supposed to find that out lol :]

Huh forgot that you could do that too. Same with World of Warcraft.

Huh forgot that you could do that too. Same with World of Warcraft.

Yeah easy money that way

Lol, but if you are good at killing other players on RuneScape, then you can make a billion cash a week... now that's what I call fast money making wif gaming

Some guy got 50 billion cash in like 2 weeks once there was a new update, I wonder if he sold it all for RL money, he should have lol

You know there are bots for that, why would you play yourself ^^

3 or more skiller bots and 1 banker bot.

skillers bots trade the stuff to the banker bot (long live free trade again ^^): banker bot drops it on his bank

skiller bots get banned: meh, no problem stuff is on bankerbot .

Dunno if this still works, this is just a way I know worked before free trade was disabled (now it's back enabled so probably it works XD)

I've seen a fair bit of virtual properties for sale on ebay from time to time. I think I even saw some virtual Stormtrooper armor for sale once for a ludicrous amount of money, for some Star Wars game or another.

Of course, having said that Stormtrooper armor had shown up on one of my ebay searches, I've just revealed myself to be a gigantic nerd.... :huh:

it deoepnds on the game too, some games are really shit, and you end up playing it over and over, and it just keeps crashing and is really slow

A several years ago I sold my Everquest account for 950 Euro, which was lots of money for me, considering that I was 17 at that time. At this time I have heard of people that level'ed up random classes in a few weeks to sell them..

I sold my account after 5 years of gaming. I didn't check really, but I guess adding up monthly bills for the account and every expansion you had to buy in those 5 years come close to those 950 Euro again..

The question is, if it is fun to kill the same stuff over and over again to just get some money or if 'gaming' becomes a 'job' then

A several years ago I sold my Everquest account for 950 Euro, which was lots of money for me, considering that I was 17 at that time. At this time I have heard of people that level'ed up random classes in a few weeks to sell them..

I sold my account after 5 years of gaming. I didn't check really, but I guess adding up monthly bills for the account and every expansion you had to buy in those 5 years come close to those 950 Euro again..

The question is, if it is fun to kill the same stuff over and over again to just get some money or if 'gaming' becomes a 'job' then

Mmmh good idea lol, I don't play runescape anymore, I should actually just sell it... I'm sure I can get more than 1000 euro for it. I have all skills the highest possible levels except one lol

My dad paid my membership 6 years long on 2 accounts, so this would just be free moneys for me xD