• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

HELPPP!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Hulk

Hulk

L7: Teacher

• Deactivated
  • 1,177 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:0
  • Server:None
I Played new map this afternoon on jay 2 ..... now i've gotten kicked for name stealing and invalid pk3s can anybody help?

Posted Image

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
  • Xbox Live:hellreturn
  • EvolveHQ:hellreturn
  • Admin:21
  • Alias:hellreturn
  • T-M:1-0
Contributor
I had made settings tight for name stealing and it's been fixed now.

For invalid.pk3 please restart your ET and join back. You will always get invalid.pk3 if u disconnect from server and will try to join back.

Hulk i strongly suggest to install 2.6b in new folder and play from 2.6b on F|A 2, Etpub and NQ.

If you play from 2.6b you will hardly crash. F|A 2 supports 2.6b so use the facility. :)

Hulk

Hulk

• Deactivated
  • 1,177 posts
Thanks that makes sense to me and yeah i will look into 2.6b....thanks for the help your the bestest. :D

1 question i use medics installer can i pick 2.6b and play that way? i will try i thought i could that way.

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
Contributor
Sure u can use medic installation but rename u old installation so if anything goes wrong u will have u old files. Also, if u are using xp u can copy paste u etkey from etmain to new installation and admin and xp will be transfered to new installation.

Hulk

Hulk

• Deactivated
  • 1,177 posts
Thanks i have done that already. :P Thanks For all your help like i said before you are the bestest. :D

thundercunt

thundercunt

L420: The Honorable

• Honored Veteran
  • 1,812 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:20
  • Server:BF3
  • Alias:THl_lNDERCl_lNT
:hijack ok I got one for ya Dare... I got the two installations and all, but Xfire only recognizes one of them? What should I name the other to get Xfire to work with it. :hijack

-=Medic=-

-=Medic=-

L10: Grand Master

• Honored Veteran
  • 3,148 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:-=Medic=-
Contributor

:hijack ok I got one for ya Dare... I got the two installations and all, but Xfire only recognizes one of them? What should I name the other to get Xfire to work with it. :hijack

well xfire will recognize only one installation. the only way to you is ... each time you wanna play for example with installation A you must change that on xfire but changing manually path for ET ... but if you gonna play with installation B you do the same thing again with B .. changing ET path again.

or use one installation for all with patch selector (which i'm using all time)

now it's up to you :hmm

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
Contributor
xfire will only work with one installation of same game. So, xfire will detect only 1 installation at a time. Hence, I say use shortcuts. Much faster and easier.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22

hobbit

hobbit

L10: Grand Master

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor

xfire will only work with one installation of same game. So, xfire will detect only 1 installation at a time. Hence, I say use shortcuts. Much faster and easier.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22

Yea, I keep xfire to detect .6b only and just start .55 thru shortcut. Same thing goes for my RtCW. One shortcut for 1.0 and another for 1.41 (I also have Xfire set to detect 1.41)

Tonka

Tonka

L8: Grand Teacher

• Honored Veteran
  • 1,775 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Admin:19
  • Server:NQ3
  • Alias:Pantser

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22

In that topic you have an autoexec cfg with pb_sleep 500, what is pb_sleep? and on kill bind, why put wait 10 then forcetapout, I always just have bind h kill

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
Contributor
Don't worry for forcetapout. It doesn't work and shouldn't be their according to medic. I use it and it doesn't harm and it works for me.

pb_sleep = time between each consecutive pb scans for pk3, etc.

Thats why I say 2 installations. Less pk3 = less scans, less loading time and good game play.

Don't keep useless .pk3 if you have old PC. I have 3Gb of wolfenstein installation with all maps but it works for me. Using same installation since '06

I strongly suggest to make everything hardcoded in config so no matter what u do, but once u /exec config.cfg u will have all u settings back.

I still sometimes delete my jaymod, etpub, noquarter folder directly and it will download all back in 3 mins. I have around 8 ET installations lol..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users