• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

ET

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

DarknesS

DarknesS

L2: Beginner

• User
  • 42 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Server:None
boys,

my computer got crashed and when i now download the ET it says: could not open subsystem or something.
please can somebody say me how to fix that???

already thanx

DarknesS

Attached Images

• error.GIF

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

JoeDirt

JoeDirt

L11: Assassin

• Administrators
  • 5,290 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:21
reinstall your video card driver

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
  • Xbox Live:hellreturn
  • EvolveHQ:hellreturn
  • Alias:hellreturn
  • T-M:1-0
Contributor
Next time post in help and support section.

/moved.

hobbit

hobbit

L10: Grand Master

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:0
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor
Or before you reinstall/ upgrade vid card try adjusting your game resolution.

PHANTASM

PHANTASM

L8: Grand Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,963 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:XIII
  • Server:Jay2
Contributor
You may have set your screen resolution too high. Did you modify the resolution? If you made it above 1280x1056 (or whatever it is, I don't have it open) it will lock up permanently and you won't be able to play.

The solution is to go into your etconfig.cfg file (open it with notepad) and reset "r_mode" to "4". The save the file and reopen ET. Should be fine.

You can find the etconfig.cfg file here: C:/Program Files/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain

You can use ctrl+F to activate the "find" feature in Notepad so you can find and edit the r_mode variable.

Hope this helps.

JoeDirt

JoeDirt

L11: Assassin

• Administrators
  • 5,290 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom

You may have set your screen resolution too high. Did you modify the resolution? If you made it above 1280x1056 (or whatever it is, I don't have it open) it will lock up permanently and you won't be able to play.

The solution is to go into your etconfig.cfg file (open it with notepad) and reset "r_mode" to "4". The save the file and reopen ET. Should be fine.

You can find the etconfig.cfg file here: C:/Program Files/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain

You can use ctrl+F to activate the "find" feature in Notepad so you can find and edit the r_mode variable.

Hope this helps.

if you look at the ss it says 800x600, and basically tells him missing Glide installation, assuming no 3dfx available, which means that the video driver is not installed

PHANTASM

PHANTASM

L8: Grand Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,963 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:XIII
  • Server:Jay2
Contributor

Hope this helps.

if you look at the ss it says 800x600, and basically tells him missing Glide installation, assuming no 3dfx available, which means that the video driver is not installed

Yeah, I get it. It also says "Warning: could not set the given mode". Who knows what happened.

hobbit

hobbit

L10: Grand Master

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:0
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I get it. It also says "Warning: could not set the given mode". Who knows what happened.

Most likely one error led to another

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users