Kim Jong II is Dead

Crasher

Now if only that headline read "Kim Jong II and his son are dead after a murder suicide pact".

Then the people of N. Korea would actually be able to live a life free from oppression and the people of S. Korea could live a life without the constant fear of attack.

• Like 3

Now if only that headline read "Kim Jong II and his son are dead after a murder suicide pact".

Then the people of N. Korea would actually be able to live a life free from oppression and the people of S. Korea could live a life without the constant fear of attack.

not so sure that the "elder advisors" of Kim Jong are going to willingly allow the punk kid to take over

The power struggle could turn very nasty very quick. I think the South Koreans and Chinese (not to mention the Japanese and ourselves) have to be very nervous at this news.

They could be nervous, but I would rather the north and south to stop having so much tension already, people that live there shouldn't fear for their life every day.

Sometimes a son will not follow in his father's footsteps and allow a regime that is less strict and sometimes, they're bigger Tirants than their fathers. In countries like these, you may never know. All we may hope is that Kim Jong-un learned something about democracy when he was studying abroad in Switzerland. Only time will tell.

oh my god

the great leader is dead

i am crying as i write this

great leader, what are we going to do now,

they were right, 2012 is the end f the world. no GREAT LEADER = the end

Sometimes a son will not follow in his father's footsteps and allow a regime that is less strict and sometimes, they're bigger Tirants than their fathers. In countries like these, you may never know. All we may hope is that Kim Jong-un learned something about democracy when he was studying abroad in Switzerland. Only time will tell.

its not up to him, he will be a puppet in front of much complicated power struggle, and if he dares to change things the way they are i promise you he wouldn't last long

their f*** top brained washed ways are so deeply embedded in to their people's mind by force for so long that any change would be result of end of their rein on those poor brained washed N Koreans. so no room to back off,

its a one way street with cars coming from the opposite way

prepare for collision

Edited by You

Look at the case of Somalia in the 90s where Maxamed Faarax Caydiid was succeeded by his son Hussein Mohamed Farrah who incidentally was an Army Ranger (possibly during Operation Continue Hope) and was educated in America.

Anyhow what kind of change do you think will come about as a result of this? Greater global security? No change in the forseeable future? The opening of NK to global markets? A chance at democracy vs a continued military state? Your thoughts welcomed...

**FYI some of you might find this insightful... Joe Dresnok: An American In North Korea http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/25/60minutes/main2398580.shtml?tag=currentVideoInfo;videoMetaInfo originally aired February 11, 2009 5:26 PM 60 Minutes

Look at the case of Somalia in the 90s where Maxamed Faarax Caydiid was succeeded by his son Hussein Mohamed Farrah who incidentally was an Army Ranger (possibly during Operation Continue Hope) and was educated in America.

Anyhow what kind of change do you think will come about as a result of this? Greater global security? No change in the forseeable future? The opening of NK to global markets? A chance at democracy vs a continued military state? Your thoughts welcomed...

**FYI some of you might find this insightful... Joe Dresnok: An American In North Korea http://www.cbsnews.c...o;videoMetaInfo originally aired February 11, 2009 5:26 PM 60 Minutes

No... I'm not saying everything or even anything will change. What I'm saying is that history has shown that sometimes, one's son will be less of a tyrant than his father. Perhaps he'll be less aggressive vs. South-Korea? Or perhaps he'll loosen the restriction towards tourists? Of course I'm not saying that with this, everything will be alright and it will suddenly be a democratic state where everybody is happy. However, I don't see where you would've even read that in my post... ;_;

We don't know anything about this new guy, so we don't know if he'll simply go full out with the army or be laid back. I'm hoping for laid back...South Korea has suffered more than enough.