• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account

Play ET on TV?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

L6: Expert

• User
  • 949 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:16
  • Server:Jay2
Hey guys. Sorry for not being on the servers lately. Since my monitor died, I hook my computer up to the living room TV (Vizio, 1080p flat screen). I tried to start up ET, but doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's due to my cfg, but if anyone has a solution, that would be great. Want to play some ET :D

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Huge thanks to Vix. I love this!!!

• ET Member
  • 2,438 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay1
  • T-M:ET: 1-1

doesnt work? have to be more specific. flat screen tv's are normally just flat panel pc monitors now-a-days. (or the other way around) so it should work just fine. but if anything, try adjusting your resolution in your ET config. i use 1920x1080. 1360x768 is a good place to start to test framerates. then go up from there.

ps, you may need to update video drivers as well. just came to me.

L4: Apprentice

• Regular User
  • 408 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:0
  • Server:COD4 #1
Also might try making sure that your system depending on the adapter that you used is set to either analog or digital. typically the TV it self will have a setting for computers. just depends on if you used a VGA or HDMI connection. HDMI can be a little tricky to set up since that setting is typically found in the video card settings.