PC/Xbox headsets

Corey

Sooo I was interested in getting a gaming headset (5.1?) but was only looking to spend close to $100. I would love it if they would work on xbox and PC, but PC only would be ok. I don't know if having a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound headset is necessary, but for FPS games I think it would be nice to be able to hear where everything is coming from. Of course it is going to be hard to get them for around 100 dollars :P

I did manage to find a Tritton headset that is only 99 dollars and is 5.1. It is not compatible with xbox 360, but it still looks nice.

http://www.trittonusa.com/prod/pc510.asp#!prettyPhoto

Does anyone have any experience with Tritton or have any suggestions? THANKS :D

Ahh very nice on newegg they are offering free 2 day shipping and serious sam for free. Thanks Krayzie. I will see if anyone else has any options before i decide

Also I believe those Logitech 7.1 are virtual surround sound? Is there going to be a big difference between virtual and having multiple speakers like that tritton?

Also I believe those Logitech 7.1 are virtual surround sound? Is there going to be a big difference between virtual and having multiple speakers like that tritton?

Keeping in mind that you have two ears and 7.1 sound requires 7 speakers and a subwoofer, and that we are talking about $100 devices, you will only get virtual surround sound with these.

If you are willing to spend a few bucks more, you might want to have a look at some Sennheiser headsets.

• Sennheiser PC 161 for $85
  • Sennheiser PC 330 for $120
  • Sennheiser PC 333D for $130
  • Sennheiser X 320 for $150 (a dedicated Xbox headset)

get a Turtle beach x12. If you sign up for a 1month free prime trial on amazon, you can get them for $56 with one day shipping lol. theyre extremely comfortable, and have extremely good quality. they are compatible with PC and xbox. It has game volume control, chat volume control, and bass control

get a Turtle beach x12. If you sign up for a 1month free prime trial on amazon, you can get them for $56 with one day shipping lol. theyre extremely comfortable, and have extremely good quality. they are compatible with PC and xbox. It has game volume control, chat volume control, and bass control

Aha, that's where i can buy a turtle beach x12. Been searching for them for ages.