COD MW 3 COD: Modern Warfare 3

daredevil

Just got it ... so Far I like it ... as GI Joe says ... it PLAYS a lot more like COD4 than MW2 does, yet it has the LARGER / and More Detailed maps and better graphics like MW2 had over cod4 so ... for me at least so far, and playing it only 3 days, it seems like a nice combo of the BEST of COD4 and the BEST of MW2. But then again that could just be the NEWNESS of the game talking to me ... it has a DEDICATED Server option, but also has the same crap peer-to-peer host server thing that I hate about MW2 so ... if =F|A= can get a dedicated server up and running let me know, I'll be there.

Still trying to get time to play BF3 though too ... so many =F|A= people to Kill so little time to kill them with :lol2:

Seemed like a lot of hype and marketing for a weak map selection and unranked dedicated servers, but I'll give it a go. Will probably pick it up around mid-Feb.

The maps ain't that bad, they're larger but more corridor based (would have been nice to see more maps like overgrown from cod 4.)

LA_Kings_Fan' [/color]timestamp='1327986263' post='266719']

Just got it ... so Far I like it ... as GI Joe says ... it PLAYS a lot more like COD4 than MW2 does

My Brother got it for the Ps3 and it averages 300-600k people, how many people does the Pc version have?

Just tried MW3 for free because of the free MW3 weekend on Steam...

Will we still get a server for it? If yes I'll probably definitely buy it! It's fun playing with people from =F|A=

Maybe more people will buy it after trying it out too

Also, it's 33% off now.. 40 euro instead of 60, which gives me more reason to buy it

Yes we will have a server.

ETA?

i heard this game is better than black ops and mw2 in that it's more of a gun-game and less of a perk-game, kinda like cod4, is this true?

Yes, the perks do assist you similarly to what DOS does for Windows in the background, but the weapons damage has increased significantly, and this is where the skill and exp that you bring to the table comes into play. There is no getting lucky in this game, its all about the tactical mindset, because when you start off with the default classes, you're incredibly disadvantaged. Give it about 5hrs of game play and you'll be wreaking havoc in no time.

Just got it ... so Far I like it ... as GI Joe says ... it PLAYS a lot more like COD4 than MW2 does, yet it has the LARGER / and More Detailed maps and better graphics like MW2 had over cod4 so ... for me at least so far, and playing it only 3 days, it seems like a nice combo of the BEST of COD4 and the BEST of MW2. But then again that could just be the NEWNESS of the game talking to me ... it has a DEDICATED Server option, but also has the same crap peer-to-peer host server thing that I hate about MW2 so ...

It definately combines elements of both games. Perspective and gameplay is closer to MW2, but still has that undercurrent of COD 4 as well. Next to zero delays with the peer 2 peer hosting system, could be because there are so many ppl playing at any given time but connection is instantaneous. Same ratio of egoism and hackers as in MW2. Cafeteria selection of weapons and attachments are available by default and they are abundant.

No more painful sacrificing like in COD 4, you can basically build and fully customize your own class. Overall the game was designed for run & gun play, but even a hardscoping grassy knowl of a sniper like myself has adjusted and enjoy it. Quickscoping is possible but not as good as in MW2. There are so many game types and options and configurations you could spend an entire afternoon or day doing it. Add it to your collection, its worth the price.

• Like 1

Noob alert! Please explain quick-scopeing? What exactly does the term mean? My dream of a new gaming pc build is quickly turning into a bill-payin nightmare, but I still will prolly be able to get 1 new game. My 2 qustions are these. 1) If I love cod4, and I dooooo!, which will I like more MW2 or MW3? 2) Will my aged and crotchety system be able to handle either? I can manage COD4 at 80 ping and 60-125 fps now. Hep ma! Was da scoop?

well, I'm probably the only on in this thread who won't like the game (very much)

I recenlty bought cod 4 and have to say: I enjoy sometimes running around like a chicken without head and shooting everyone I see (get like 0.8 k/d or so XD), but still don't consider COD4 as a must have (bought it for like 15euro, played it 16hours)

I played mw3 (free weekend stuff ,ideal to try :P), feels the same like cod4 so will enjoy myself on cod4 when I'm in the mood to be a chicken without head

It just too fast fased for me.

I will stick with bf3 (in my opinion much better, although far from perfect : 99 bugs ...)

anyway those who like it, have fun with it

Noob alert! Please explain quick-scopeing? What exactly does the term mean? My dream of a new gaming pc build is quickly turning into a bill-payin nightmare, but I still will prolly be able to get 1 new game. My 2 qustions are these. 1) If I love cod4, and I dooooo!, which will I like more MW2 or MW3? 2) Will my aged and crotchety system be able to handle either? I can manage COD4 at 80 ping and 60-125 fps now. Hep ma! Was da scoop?

Quick scoping is zooming and quickly taking out the enemy whether its close or long range, basically run & gun with a sniper instead of camping.

1) If you love cod 4 you'll love 2 & 3 (don't get 2 because the community is almost dead)

2) Mw3 is more challenging on the system then Cod4/mw2 (despite people saying it looks the same as Mw2), i get a constant 91 fps in Cod4 while in Mw3 i'll drop into the 40's in some areas. You can always tweak settings

Thx 5Magic, I appeciate the 411.

I have already tweaked settings as far as I have the knowledge to do so. I am afraid my machine doesn't have the cajones to run MW3, maybe not MW2 either. I suppopse I need to spend alot more time in the Hardware Hangout and see if I can take a small amount of cash, and get a small cpu upgrade that will make either game playable, at least for the time being. I don't think I'll have more than $100-$150 for both the game and upgrade.

Question is, what part do I replace? Just the Graphics card? I don't know , and I need some quality advise. Anyone who thinks they can help me, I'll be glad to post back what I have now, so we know what we are workin with.

Thx 5Magic, I appeciate the 411.

I have already tweaked settings as far as I have the knowledge to do so. I am afraid my machine doesn't have the cajones to run MW3, maybe not MW2 either. I suppopse I need to spend alot more time in the Hardware Hangout and see if I can take a small amount of cash, and get a small cpu upgrade that will make either game playable, at least for the time being. I don't think I'll have more than $100-$150 for both the game and upgrade.

Question is, what part do I replace? Just the Graphics card? I don't know , and I need some quality advise. Anyone who thinks they can help me, I'll be glad to post back what I have now, so we know what we are workin with.

Yeah just make a topic with your specs, might not need an upgrade ;)

• Like 1

Yeah just make a topic with your specs, might not need an upgrade ;)

If he still has this ...

my computer has:

win xp pro ver. 2002 sp3

AMD Athlon 64x2 dual

core processor 3800+

2.01 GHz 2 GB RAM

Video Card is Nvidia GEForce 8800GTS

im not sue about the sound, idk if its motherboard or seperate card

He's gonna need more than a handfull of upgrades :embrass

Like ... new Motherboard, new CPU, new PSU, new GPU, new RAM, new OS, new case ? new HSF cooler, new ... well you get the picture :eek

Be more than willing to help you out 'soulJAHmon' ... and for ONLY about $1,500 we can get you up and running with a really nice RIG ^_^

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

He's gonna need more than a handfull of upgrades :embrass

Like ... new Motherboard, new CPU, new PSU, new GPU, new RAM, new OS, new case ? new HSF cooler, new ... well you get the picture :eek

Be more than willing to help you out 'soulJAHmon' ... and for ONLY about $1,500 we can get you up and running with a really nice RIG ^_^

Or buy an Alienware for $900 and you can play BF3, MW3 and whatever else you want to play without lag :]

This is why my small little tiny cute epic laptop owns most computers, I hear everyone has to buy new stuff to play a game.. but my epic laptop runs everything and I only got it for $600 a year ago

I seriously don't get why people say Alienware is overpriced, those people definitely never had one ^^

Or buy an Alienware for $900 and you can play BF3, MW3 and whatever else you want to play without lag :]

This is why my small little tiny cute epic laptop owns most computers, I hear everyone has to buy new stuff to play a game.. but my epic laptop runs everything and I only got it for $600 a year ago

I seriously don't get why people say Alienware is overpriced, those people definitely never had one ^^

with less then $900 you can build a system then runs bf3 and mw3, won't be ultra settings (doubt $900 dollar rig would max out bf3)

+ then you don't have the shitty myth called: game laptop

say wut: game and laptop don't fit in one sentence (except: laptops aren't for gaming)

although I pretty often game on my laptop (totally not made for it), I prefer my gaming rig

my original build was something of 600-700 euro, now I got overkill ram, crossfire 6850 gpu and some mod (sleeving, airbrush,...) and think maybe I hit the 1500euro mark...

So why the heck buy laptop for gaming :o

with less then $900 you can build a system then runs bf3 and mw3, won't be ultra settings (doubt $900 dollar rig would max out bf3)

+ then you don't have the shitty myth called: game laptop

say wut: game and laptop don't fit in one sentence (except: laptops aren't for gaming)

although I pretty often game on my laptop (totally not made for it), I prefer my gaming rig

my original build was something of 600-700 euro, now I got overkill ram, crossfire 6850 gpu and some mod (sleeving, airbrush,...) and think maybe I hit the 1500euro mark...

So why the heck buy laptop for gaming :o

I don't need a desk! that's uncomfortable! I have my laptop on my lap while I sit on my messy sofa, also watching tv that's infront of me.. I think a laptop is for lazy people like me.. I don't even have a desk in my room lol

I got my Alienware for 500 euro last year and it can run BF3, MW3 and all other games :]

<3 my laptop hehe