Weird bug

Ackmey

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but there's a strange bug that comes up sometimes. I think it's whenever I get highest fragger on a map - what happens is that my basic stats on the list at the end of the game will have something like, say, 75 kills. However, in the breakdown of my kills, it'll say something like, mp-40: 45 kills, and nade 5 kills...

So it seems that whenever I get highest fragger, I have two different kill counts that contradict each other. Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know which one is correct? (I'm inclined to think it's the higher one :D)

Of course if the lower kill count is correct, then how come I still get the highest fragger award?

Sorry if I wasn't very clear... I'll post a screenie to show what I mean:

venicehighestfragger-1.jpg

You can see it says 76 kills, but in the breakdown on the left it's 44 kills with mp-40 and one pistol kill. If I had had only 45 kills, spqr would of gotten highest fragger with 64 kills... what gives?

:thanks

adding up the kills per weapon is accurate.

a bug seems to randomly add some players kills from the last maps to their total. say you got 23 kills last map, 34 kills the map before that and 41 this map. some glitch causes the stats page to show you having 23 + 34 + 41 = 98 kills. i don't think it has anything to do with being the highest fragger, because it doesn't happen every map -- and every map there is at least one 'highest fragger.' dunno. whatever it is it's not really important enough to me to try to figure out why it happens =D

IIRC i have seen this happen on not just jaymod but etpub sometimes too -- i have seen ppl who remained spectator for a whole map get highest fragger and the stats report a person getting 145 kills in a map that ended in 3 minutes??!!

This is actually an old Jaymod bug. It's been around since at least 2.0.6 to the best of my knowledge. When 555 used to run Jaymod, it wouldn't be uncommon to see some player have astounding stats...like 125-20. While these players were typically good players, noone was getting near that many kills. I thought they had fixed it with 1.2.7., but I guess I was wrong. ;)

Like DareDevil said..it's a glitch that seems to come and go. If I hear of a way around it or at least a cause, I'll stop by again. Also, Barcode is right. Adding up the kills per weapon is most accurate.

• 4 months later...

Its the connection + their computer, not the mod. (most likely the computer)

Used to get that when i was playing on my old pc..