Punkbuster B

I3lessed

I've been trying out AVG antivirus for the last month or so and the other day it went rambo when I was playing and deleted my punkbuster B file. Now I get kicked whenever I try to play on a pb enabled server, theres still a couple I play on :/. Tried running PB setup but they removed the ET install from it and PBSCV won't fix it either. Is there any other way for me to get punkbuster b back on my computer? :(

Remove AVG and run pbsetup, then pbsvc - that should definitely fix it.

If it doesn't, try the following:

CTRL+R (opens the run dialogue)

type: services.msc

Locate PunkBstrA and PunkBstrB in the service list. Make sure they are 'Started' and 'Automatic'. If not, right click them and click properties - set them to automatic, hit start, and apply/ok.

Chuck

Dude like I said, PB setup no longer has the ET option, so you can no longer install pb for ET its just not available. PBSCV just gets an error when it finds Punkbuster B is missing. And I can't locate Punkbuster B in the service list because its been deleted by AVG :/

Alright sorry o.0

Well if you're competent with setting up your own services (I just assumed you aren't 'cause most aren't..) then I can send you my pnkbstrB.exe to see if that works.

Yeah I could give that a try, if i got just the pnkbstrB file couldn't it just be pasted into the punkbuster directory?

Nope.. it's in system32 and you'd need to set it up as a service inside windows.. I haven't done that in a long time but this might help: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=304

I don't know if it matters to PB whether it's in system32 or not.. but I'd do it as it would be normally.. (in sys32)

• Administrators

Try updating PB manually first and may be try to run this:

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Does running pbsvc.exe gives your error?

Yeah I tried updating manually but at the point where you pick the game you want to install pb for ET is no longer available as an option, and yes PBSCV gives me an error :/

• Administrators

Yeah I tried updating manually but at the point where you pick the game you want to install pb for ET is no longer available as an option, and yes PBSCV gives me an error :/

No what I mean to say by updating manually is by putting latest PB client files manually in your folder and not through that automated PB software.

Hmm tried it, extracted the files and copied them into my pb folder but I was still kicked after a few minutes of playing with the error: PunkBsterB failed to initialize

• Administrators

Hmm tried it, extracted the files and copied them into my pb folder but I was still kicked after a few minutes of playing with the error: PunkBsterB failed to initialize

Nothing can't be done since pbsvc.exe doesn't update your services afaik. If someone has some idea go for it.. or try NON PB server. Sorry