my ET is being weird

Jobba

whenever i open ET on A guest account it always worked. I deleted ET and the folder, everything completely. then when i download it back and get the main things back, i get that ui.mp.x86.dll thing. i know i have to run as admin, so i do it and then when i enter hardcore the map downloads halfway and tells me *******.pak or something needs to be downloaded. Anyone know a solution?

I recommend you not to download, as you can download viruses together with the program you are downloading.

I know it myself: I tried to download a game, and when I finished, the computer shut down. I tried to restart it, and instead of welcome screen with the users and spaces to type passwords, it said "VIRUS IN SYSTEM", and shut down again.

• 2 weeks later...

You say you deleted ET? Did you uninstall it or just throw it away? Perhaps it's still in your directory.

If you properly uninstalled, a clean download should be enough ... :)

ye,try to reinstall whole et except maps and etkey(save it somewhere)

It should work then,

ConQ

i remember that error ( on vista and seven)

make sure that u run windows as an administrator ( user account administrator check it in control planet)

u can download that dll file from internet and put it in the mod folder (jaymod, silent, noquarter ...)

it will work but you have to download maps from your navigator ( not from game)

Problem is guest account doesn't have admin permissions, and to download files to a program folder (ie wolfenstein folder) requires admin permissions.. (ie run wolfenstein as admin)