Ok someone help me fix this game It's been driving me nuts

IronChef

I've not been able to work out a solution for over a month.. I didn't want to put this on you guys but you know what, I really miss the server.

I'm still having massive trouble getting wolf-et to work properly. No matter what I do, and yes I did update PB with meticulous care, I get a clockwork lagspike pretty much every 2 seconds that goes away after about 3 minutes of play and a couple deaths. Then it flares up during gameplay again and we start over trying to get it to go away. In the meantime it lags out all the other players. Any advice?

• Administrators

Turn lagometer and FPS on and post the SS. Basically press F11 every 2-3sec for like 3-5 times and then every 15 sec for 2-3 times.

Using vista or xp?

wifi or lan?

Do you use antivirus ? Yes ? which one?

Do you use firewall ? Yes ? which one?

Do you only use your internet connection?

The same thing has been happening to me as well. I have a very stable internet connection, it is like 30mbs DL speed, and never have had issues anywhere until now. It is in almost every server I play on. It lags me every few seconds and then goes away.. It comes back always at the wrong time, like a 19 killing spree, waiting on that 20 and the cool thing it says when you hit 20, but no.. LAG.. DEAD..

Someone told me it was PB.. I just tough it out hoping it will get resolved, but if there is something I can do to fix it then lezz do it!

I have norton 09, but it goes silent when playing games, so its not that. I am not using WiFi, so its not that.. I have a decent computer, so its not that... I blame it on the color blue... Damn you color blue!!

:confused

• Administrators

Press tab and check if your ping is stable when you feel you are lagging.

Try this in console:

showdrop 1

and it will show you dropping packets in console. If you see packets are getting dropped then its client side problem. Call your ISP and tell them to fix the line.

Sometimes router MTU also have effect on UDP packets.

well its the same for me.

no pb commands help, fishy tells me its the pbhub or whatever..

that messes up the connection every few sec, forgot what he said exactly.

only solution is getting a better comp, thats wht i hear from a lot of people....

btw, i haz good interwebz too