New comp :P

vke

Today was a great day! I got a 15" MacBook Pro!

I was wondering.... Can i just install ET and copy my etkey and have it on two computers, or is that a no no?

Wolfenstein enemy territory version 2.6 and higher ... there is no 2.55 version for mac os, so you can not play on FA#1 + etpub + hardcore + FA#02 (still testing but not supported yet for fa2) But you can play on FA#3 and FA Noquarter and ETPRO server :hmm

Plus expect to have your fans spin up like crazy while your playing. I've tried playing 2.55 through parallels and 2.06b through OSX. From personal experience I tend to get kicked from 2.55 servers running PB probably due to the fact that PB see's the vid card as "generic"

On 2.06b servers using OSX, It's just a matter of dealing with the noise. While I like macs, the vent system on the laptops is a joke. I use an acrylic cover on mine since it was used for school, which raised the temps up 2-4 C.

Let us know how your battery times are. I'd be interested to see if the new battery layout has increased as much as Apple says it has.

Wolfenstein enemy territory version 2.6 and higher ... there is no 2.55 version for mac os, so you can not play on FA#1 + etpub + hardcore + FA#02 (still testing but not supported yet for fa2) But you can play on FA#3 and FA Noquarter and ETPRO server :hmm

I can play 2.55 using VMware Fusion, but its choppy.*EDIT* This battery gets around 5-6 hours of movies or gaming, at least in spec, on a lan server, and 7 of just web browsing and homework.

I know :P im excited to play NQ again after 2 years :)

As to the fans, I haven't noticed them, but maybe thats because I play with a headset.

So as far as the etkey goes, i shouldn't copy and paste it?

I can play 2.55 using VMware Fusion, but its choppy. This battery gets around 5-6 hours of movies or gaming, and 8 of just web browsing and homework.

As to the fans, I haven't noticed them, but maybe thats because I play with a headset.

copy and paste is fine to another of your computers, play on as many as you own

I can play 2.55 using VMware Fusion, but its choppy. This battery gets around 5-6 hours of movies or gaming, and 8 of just web browsing and homework.

5-6 hours is a big jump, Thats awesome. I have a MBP 15" from late 07 and it gets about 1 hour gaming and 2.5-3.5 of just web browsing or running apps.

And like Tonka said, you should be just fine copying the ET key over to your installs. Plus you have a backup in case another computer goes down.

Okay got the etkey copied over. But, whenever i join an F|A server, it kicks me after the loading screen, and doesn't show a reason. When i get on to ETPro, it says the reason is Game Integrity. What do I do?

• Administrators
Okay got the etkey copied over. But, whenever i join an F|A server, it kicks me after the loading screen, and doesn't show a reason. When i get on to ETPro, it says the reason is Game Integrity. What do I do?

Visit F|A 2 when I am on. Technically F|A 2 jaymod is running 2.6b.

I don't think ETPUB has MAC build client files.

Run vista or xp or windows 7 in dual boot.

Visit F|A 2 when I am on. Technically F|A 2 jaymod is running 2.6b.

I don't think ETPUB has MAC build client files.

Run vista or xp or windows 7 in dual boot.

what is dual boot? :embrass

Got it all fixed. Turns out 2.60b is a bit of a misnomer, as the mac client is actually 2.60d.

I tried joining Jay2 today, but i get a message saying invalid GUID. Oh well, ill just play etpro and nq.

• Administrators
Got it all fixed. Turns out 2.60b is a bit of a misnomer, as the mac client is actually 2.60d.

I tried joining Jay2 today, but i get a message saying invalid GUID. Oh well, ill just play etpro and nq.

Thats fixable. Just hit reconnect. Invalid GUID = b*** on EB officially

http://evenbalance.com/troubleticket/ne ... hp?game=et

xfire me when you are on. Your problem is fixable.