1 etkey for 2 players?

Olykiller

Hi guys

a friend of my wanted to play ET

after his install he got the problem 'you have an invalid guid. this might be a temporary problem. you should try reconnecting'.

so i tried /pb_cdkeyreg /pb_cdkeyrev /pb_security 0

also tried to update pb, all didnt work

the problem is he just doesnt have any etkey :o

so is it cool if i give him my etkey ? or that causes troubles?

thx

You won't be able to play on the same server at the same time, if you share an ETKey.

Otherwise, I see no other problems.

They will.

If he gets banned for bitching/hacking etc. - you'll also be banned. Just a note.

• Clan Friend

well the problem is that if he does something wrong he will do it with your key... i don't know if pb still validates keys, maybe giving him your key and changing the date and the number in it? I don't know what would happen, and I don't know if the upper part can be 'recovered' from the lower part, but if you trust him... it's your decision

edit:

I didn't try to change etkeys myself (the way they mentioned in that other thread), so I don't know if it would be accepted or not. Maybe I could try with a server of my own and tell you what happens, just I don't wanna selfbust myself for doing a stupid etkey trick I don't even need... and also I don't know if some hacker with some brute force attack can discover the upper part from a modified etkey, so I wouldn't give mine even when modified.

maybe you could direct your friend to some server without pb at first, who knows in the future someone will figure out how to create etkeys?

edit2:

daredevil was faster than my edit :D, so yes, it should work. Change the date and the 10 digits number after it. Don't touch the first 10 numbers, or the 'weird' part after the 28th character, or maybe you can fill it with random stuff if you don't wanna give your key I have no idea about what that part is.

• Like 1