Im having a problem when playing ET on Hardcore?

Jobba

Well the probably is pretty minor. The problem is that, everytime i walk on a gun my class can use, i AUTOMATICALLY pick it up. So im just like playing with a mp40 medic, walk on a thompson and all of a sudden i have a thompson in my hand. I was like WTF, i didnt select this gun. Lol, Anybody know what is up with this?

I've never had this but it might be down to cg_autoactivate

Try \cg_autoactivate 0 - this will turn auto activate off - meaning you will have to open doors etc manually but hopefully wont pick up weapons.

If this fixes it, open autoexec.cfg in etmain and try to find cg_autoactivate - make sure it's set to 0 :)

Chuckun

I've never had this but it might be down to cg_autoactivate

Try \cg_autoactivate 0 - this will turn auto activate off - meaning you will have to open doors etc manually but hopefully wont pick up weapons.

If this fixes it, open autoexec.cfg in etmain and try to find cg_autoactivate - make sure it's set to 0 :)

Chuckun

Wth, some people DON'T manually open doors?! o.O

Wth, some people DON'T manually open doors?! o.O

I always thought the same thing - no idea who uses this function but I remembered reading about it once and thought it sounded like the problem causer xD

• 1 month later...

Ok I'm bumping this because no solid answer was ever given, and now I have this problem.

Contrary to my previous post, autoactivate has nothing to do with doors etc, that's autoaction.

/cg_autoactivate 0 stops me picking up random weapons automatically, but also stops me picking up medpacks and ammopacks from the floor.. which is b/s..

/cg_autoactivate 1 allows me to pickup med/ammo packs automatically, but still, I'm frigging picking up (and switching to) every wieldable weapon I walk over :( Including binocs ffs!

I've literally typed /cg_ and hit tab, to reel off every single cg_ variable, and found NOTHING I deem as potentially responsible for this problem.. I even tried cg_autoactivate 2 in case there are three settings for it (0-2) but it's not the case, and 2 is considered as 1.