• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Im having a problem when playing ET on Hardcore?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jobba

Jobba

L4: Apprentice

• ET Member
  • 575 posts
Has a spectacular aura
  • EvolveHQ:J0bba
  • Admin:12
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:Jobba
  • T-M:ET 1-0
Well the probably is pretty minor. The problem is that, everytime i walk on a gun my class can use, i AUTOMATICALLY pick it up. So im just like playing with a mp40 medic, walk on a thompson and all of a sudden i have a thompson in my hand. I was like WTF, i didnt select this gun. Lol, Anybody know what is up with this?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:19
  • Alias:=F|A=TeaAndScones
Contributor
I've never had this but it might be down to cg_autoactivate

Try \cg_autoactivate 0 - this will turn auto activate off - meaning you will have to open doors etc manually but hopefully wont pick up weapons.

If this fixes it, open autoexec.cfg in etmain and try to find cg_autoactivate - make sure it's set to 0 :)

Chuckun

Nordwolf

Nordwolf

L4: Apprentice

• User
  • 533 posts
Getting Better
  • Server:NQ1

I've never had this but it might be down to cg_autoactivate

Try \cg_autoactivate 0 - this will turn auto activate off - meaning you will have to open doors etc manually but hopefully wont pick up weapons.

If this fixes it, open autoexec.cfg in etmain and try to find cg_autoactivate - make sure it's set to 0 :)

Chuckun

Wth, some people DON'T manually open doors?! o.O

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
Contributor

Wth, some people DON'T manually open doors?! o.O

I always thought the same thing - no idea who uses this function but I remembered reading about it once and thought it sounded like the problem causer xD

TulsaGeoff

TulsaGeoff

L99: Damage Dealer

• ET Member
  • 2,160 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Admin:12
  • T-M:ET: 1-1
It will randomly activate on my game from time to time. If its not autoactivate, Im not sure what it is.

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
Contributor
Ok I'm bumping this because no solid answer was ever given, and now I have this problem.

Contrary to my previous post, autoactivate has nothing to do with doors etc, that's autoaction.

/cg_autoactivate 0 stops me picking up random weapons automatically, but also stops me picking up medpacks and ammopacks from the floor.. which is b/s..
/cg_autoactivate 1 allows me to pickup med/ammo packs automatically, but still, I'm frigging picking up (and switching to) every wieldable weapon I walk over :( Including binocs ffs!

I've literally typed /cg_ and hit tab, to reel off every single cg_ variable, and found NOTHING I deem as potentially responsible for this problem.. I even tried cg_autoactivate 2 in case there are three settings for it (0-2) but it's not the case, and 2 is considered as 1.

Master ViVi

Master ViVi

L1: Learner

• Busted Cheater
  • 23 posts
Unknown at this point
/cg_autoswitch 0 disables auto switching to weapon you ran over.

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
Contributor
Oooooh I will give that a try :D

Thank you! :D