Kladkakan

why the F*uck do you need to learn Dutch from years ago???????? What's the damn point of that? It's not even used anymore.

Dutch is already an ugly language, the old Dutch is worse ;P English for the win <3 ..actually, Australian is better because English accents are just funny ;P

(hate being Dutch!)

Its not any different at an America school. You still earn Old English. The point is that high school is still general education. Its there to broaden your understanding in more than one thing, so when you go to college you can decide on what you want to become. Everyone needs to have general knowledge, even if you don't use it ever again. It forms a good base for the rest of life.

Just be happy that at dutch colleges/university you don't have general education anymore, instead its all geared towards your career. In the USA the first 1.5 to 2 years is till general knowledge.

Oh, I should probably take another English class, my grammar and spelling have gone way down since being in the Netherlands lol.

Edited by ajnl
  • Like 1

Its not any different at an America school. You still earn Old English. The point is that high school is still general education. Its there to broaden your understanding in more than one than, so when you go to college you can decide on what you want to become. Everyone needs to have general knowledge, even if you don't use it ever again. It forms a good base for the rest of life.

Just be happy that at dutch colleges/university you don't have general education anymore, instead its all geared towards your career. In the USA the first 1.5 to 2 years is till general knowledge.

Aj is right :)

Australia doesnt really have any history. We are only around 100 years old (besides native aboriginals) So we only learn that we are descendants of convicts from England lol.

We also dont really learn much about the history of other countries. World wars, yes and maybe other languages but in high school after 2 years we can choose not to study a language anymore. I learnt a bit of German in primary school and some Italian, but most of it went in one ear and straight out the other.

My partner is dutch/german (dutch mum, german dad) from him I have learnt Koffa domma (sp) and stomma (sp) hehehehehe

Australia's "slang" words are pretty funny, and differ to how other's would use them. If we are drunk we say "man I'm pissed" where as others use pissed as angry.

Australia doesnt really have any history. We are only around 100 years old (besides native aboriginals) So we only learn that we are descendants of convicts from England lol.

We also dont really learn much about the history of other countries. World wars, yes and maybe other languages but in high school after 2 years we can choose not to study a language anymore. I learnt a bit of German in primary school and some Italian, but most of it went in one ear and straight out the other.

My partner is dutch/german (dutch mum, german dad) from him I have learnt Koffa domma (sp) and stomma (sp) hehehehehe

Australia's "slang" words are pretty funny, and differ to how other's would use them. If we are drunk we say "man I'm pissed" where as others use pissed as angry.

That is true :) Australian is one of the best accents. I love it, i'm going to learn in it. One way or another

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A dentist? omg :) Peaple are scared of them. Have you seen the horror movies about dentists?

Quite shocking, their instruments xDDD

Now about school: yes i know sometimes school can be annoing, but if you learn well and the teachers aren't evil :) everything will

be fine!!!

A dentist? omg :) Peaple are scared of them. Have you seen the horror movies about dentists?

Quite shocking, their instruments xDDD

Haven't seen any horror movies about them, but I don't have any problems with being in their chair :P

About 2-3 weeks ago I was in one's chair for about 50 minutes (faceplant :D), just closed my eyes and waited lol